Chris Street Gravesite Vandalized

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
The family are nice people. Didn’t know Chris well but my heart aches for his parents to bury their child. Legend or not, this breaks my heart and just more evidence that people are inherently cruel.
I, actually, believe the opposite: people are 'inherently' good. But, there are bad apples out there that do not deserve the light of day.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I’m sorry, but legend? Guy was a good player, but we’re talking end of the bench in the nba and more likely going overseas. I get that he was a max effort kid and had some skill, but if he wouldn’t have died, I don’t know that he would be considered a legend. Just my opinion.
Well he did die, so that plays into it. Like it or not, people dying does play into how they are remembered, or in this case, what their status in Iowa lore is.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
I'm being a **** because I think calling him a "legend" is an overstatement?

I think it's ****** someone vandalized the grave site. I also think that "legend" is an overstatement.

It has nothing to do with me hating Iowa. Nile Kinnick = legend
No, you're wrong on this one. He did everything he could for the young ones to make them better. He is a state of Iowa LEGEND! If he was just some Iowan everyone loves, that would be one thing. Iowa State had two players (Hoiberg and Meyer) that wore 40. Name another person and number Iowa State has done that for in any other sport.....

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I’m sorry, but legend? Guy was a good player, but we’re talking end of the bench in the nba and more likely going overseas. I get that he was a max effort kid and had some skill, but if he wouldn’t have died, I don’t know that he would be considered a legend. Just my opinion.
He'd be about as big of a legend as Kent McCausland is.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Just plain wrong, but stuff like this seems to happen a lot more than it used to. Remember the kids that burned the bridges in Madison County? For what reason? Just being idiots. Most likely that is the case here too.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No, you're wrong on this one. He did everything he could for the young ones to make them better. He is a state of Iowa LEGEND! If he was just some Iowan everyone loves, that would be one thing. Iowa State had two players (Hoiberg and Meyer) that wore 40. Name another person and number Iowa State has done that for in any other sport.....

Players from ISU wore his jersey number out of respect for someone they knew. You think they would have wore it otherwise? And why aren't ISU players still wearing #40? Legends don't have expiration dates do they? I don't know why you are getting upset. Read this from farminclone:

Had he not tragically died I doubt he would be in the legend category.

Bingo. Outside of the town of Indianola this is the truth. Doesn't make it good or bad.....right or wrong. It just is what it is.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

No you are wrong on this one. No one I know ever talks about him and or being a legend. His parents are pieces of ****.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To answer your question of consideration, Loren Meyer was nearly the same situation, he survived the crash but wasn’t the same. I would put Loren as a better player.

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
No you are wrong on this one. No one I know ever talks about him and or being a legend. His parents are pieces of ****.
So because his parents aren't cool, that's on Chris? I would like to think your parents are decent people, but well, you seem like a ****.... Chris was a great young adult. Made kids better. I hope you and everyone else going after me are doing the same thing.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So because his parents aren't cool, that's on Chris? I would like to think your parents are decent people, but well, you seem like a ****.... Chris was a great young adult. Made kids better. I hope you and everyone else going after me are doing the same thing.

Ok? You still drunk?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
ANF, waving to kids at the UofI hospital, and honoring Chris Street are things the Hawkeyes came up with and then force feed on us. Then they also try to shame others if they don't participate in their "traditions".

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

He was averaging 15 and 10 his junior year. Dude could ball.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
No family deserves to see a loved one's grave desecrated like this. The young meth heads who are undoubtedly responsible will have well earned the sh*tty futures and lives they'll one day realize.
Why would the family go to the media with this? Seems like it gives the losers who did it just what they wanted...