Chipotle

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ya not surprised on the new locations. Both spots are prime for business. Better build up the old sprint store land quite a bit.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Qdoba out, Chipotle in.

While I love Panchero's, the Ames location is subpar, so hopefully Chipotle gives some competition.

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I love Chipotle but is there a market for that many burrito places, part of the reason Qdoba didn't go, theres not a market for it. Mr. burrito won't last now.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Panchero's will take the biggest hit from this, based on location alone. Mr. Burrito could really help themselves by going late night. Fighting Burrito is bulletproof based on their being open late and location in Campustown. There's room for 3 burrito joints in Ames. There isn't room for 2 of them on Duff.

For the record, Chipotle >>>>>>> Panchero's.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
There was also discussion in the past about a steakhouse coming to ames on duff, but i didn't see anything discussed in this article. Was that just a rumor?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
For the record, Chipotle >>>>>>> Panchero's.

For the record, you are wrong. Panchero's pressed tortillas trump all and that is a fact. Sure Chipotle warms up their tortillas, but that is nothing, NOTHING, like a nice, warm, chewy, pressed tortilla.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msQPHxTUgzI&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Homer Simpson Gurgle Noise‬‏[/ame]

Homer says it.....and i really enjoy chipotle, every burrito i've had...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Goodbye Flying Burrito, Pancheros and Taco Bell

I know flying b isnt what it used to be, but its still much better than all 3 of those. Chipotle is good, but its not the end-all-be-all burrito place.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
For the record, you are wrong. Panchero's pressed tortillas trump all and that is a fact. Sure Chipotle warms up their tortillas, but that is nothing, NOTHING, like a nice, warm, chewy, pressed tortilla.

You can wrap **** in a phenomenal tortilla but that doesn't make up for the fact that you're still eating ****.

I guess that sums up my thoughts on Panchero's. I've had good Panchero's (the Iowa City location is good) but the one in Ames sucks, and the best Panchero's I've ever had is merely "good".

Goodbye Flying Burrito, Pancheros and Taco Bell

Flying makes enough $ after Chipotle closes for the evening that this won't even be an issue. Also, college kids are lazy and cheap. Chipotle is farther away from them and more expensive. They won't really be competing directly. Flying Burrito could probably open at 9PM and still be viable.

Panchero's however, is due for a major hit. Chipotle will be right down the road and a better option for the Duff Ave shopping crowd. The road out of Ames from G7 goes right past the new Chipotle. I foresee some post game munchies here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron