• Jolt

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Didn't we have Surge in the vending machine in the lunchroom that they used to turn off during lunch period? And an All Sport machine down by the gym in the hallway by the locker rooms?

OHS, brought to you by PepsiCo.

you might have had Surge in high school as a senior but I don’t remember that. Wiki says Surge hit shelves in 1997 so maybe it overtook Ogden during your last few months haha. I do remember All Sport though.

Reactions: Angie

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I just read the word Surge and I'm pretty sure I have 6 cavities now.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Yep - the All Sport machine lasted a long time. It was behind the swimming pool snack counter and right outside the girls locker room. I had more Jolly Ranchers and molded sugar suckers from that damn snack counter than I ever want to remember.

Oh my gosh, we had to have gotten at least a cavity each from the swimming pool snack bar there.

you might have had Surge in high school as a senior but I don’t remember that. Wiki says Surge hit shelves in 1997 so maybe it overtook Ogden during your last few months haha. I do remember All Sport though.

I think it must have been my senior year! Either that or we all got it on sign-out. I was pretty entrenched in Clearly Canadian and Diet Coke during this time.

Reactions: dahliaclone

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Definitely Surge for me. Like many people here, I'm sure, we had a "pop fridge" at home in the garage. My parents weren't drinkers, so it was just pop in there. During the Surge phase, I'd probably drink 6-12 cans in a day on a weekend, easy. If it wasn't Surge, it was Mt. Dew or any other sugar filled beverage.

It's interesting looking back at how I was raised versus how I feel about that stuff now a a parent. I wouldn't let my kid within a mile of a can of Surge and can't imagine how my parents just let me pound that stuff without question.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I have had this bottle of Cherry Jolt in my beer fridge since 2007.

That and the Tru Blood are kept for emergencies.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
We drank a lot of Surge, we had time to kill after school so half the time we'd end up going to the dollar store for crappy candy and then hitting up the quarter surge machine.

Did Jolt make a tall metal can? I can never remember what it was but when I was a freshmen I realized I had a ton of Cy Cash or whatever that I had to spend so I just bought one of those metal can sodas every morning.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
My all time fav

Our dorm floor had a machine where if you bought a Dr. Slice and held the button it would empty the machine. We had a secret drawer of the stuff.

As a bonus after the Dr. Slice was gone you still got one free soda of your choice. That was always the injury to insult to whoever filled that machine. Fools.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Who remembers All Sport?

had it in the machines in my HS. I was a big fan for a while.

Jolt was horrid. It was like drinking sugar and morning breath.

Never tried surge. Didn’t drink soda when it came out. Wouldn’t have tried it anyway just out of principal because of those terrible commercials.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron