Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando playing Clemson (Wed., Dec. 29, 4:45 CT Kick)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I’m shocked there isn’t a whole thread dedicated to this (“who else will be on the backfield besides Jirehl Brock”?), to be honest.

Our only others options are Walling and Doxson, if I’m not mistaken.

I’m fine with Brock carrying the load, but he can’t be out there 100% of the snaps.

Actually he can. No RB other than Hall played a single down in the Oklahoma game. It's not like we have been running 40 times a game. Anyone else you put in would pretty much just be to block and a signal to Clemson it's not a regular running play for that back.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Actually he can. No RB other than Hall played a single down in the Oklahoma game. It's not like we have been running 40 times a game. Anyone else you put in would pretty much just be to block and a signal to Clemson it's not a regular running play for that back.

The staff could go with a WR in spot duty at RB. Not sure if any of our WR's played RB in HS, but Jaylin Noel might be a good option. Good quickness and not too lanky. He returns punts and kickoffs, so we know he can take a hit.

It could telegraph we aren't running up the middle, but still have the option to run wide or pass and use Noel out of the backfield.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Ugh. Anyone else getting nervous? NHL, NFL, NBA all deferring games. NCAA basketball cancelling games. I really hope this goes off without an issue, but getting worried.

We have ten people going from 3 different cities. I hope this goes off without issue.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Ugh. Anyone else getting nervous? NHL, NFL, NBA all deferring games. NCAA basketball cancelling games. I really hope this goes off without an issue, but getting worried.

We have ten people going from 3 different cities. I hope this goes off without issue.

I think the lack of standard protocols will continue to help college football. I'm not sure why it's been so much of a different story for basketball. From what I read, college teams aren't testing unless you're symptomatic or ask for a test.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
WIth Clemson supposedly playing elite defense, how much do our winning chances decrease without having Breece play? I like J. Brock but you can't replace what Breece does as a tackle breaker and his experience. I guess I just hope I'm not watching a game in which Purdy is running for his life on every play due to a lack of running game. Not that we haven't been there before. But I guess what ever happens, happens.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think the lack of standard protocols will continue to help college football. I'm not sure why it's been so much of a different story for basketball. From what I read, college teams aren't testing unless you're symptomatic or ask for a test.

Hmm only test people who are actually sick? No, that makes way too much sense.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Well this is a bummer if you watch Cyclone games (in l the Cheez-it Bowl) on ESPN networks via YouTube.tv

UPDATE: Sounds like ESPN and Google/YouTube kissed and made up pretty quickly:

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Well this is a bummer if you watch Cyclone games (in l the Cheez-it Bowl) on ESPN networks via YouTube.tv

Pretty sure that's old. They reached an agreement today.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
WIth Clemson supposedly playing elite defense, how much do our winning chances decrease without having Breece play? I like J. Brock but you can't replace what Breece does as a tackle breaker and his experience. I guess I just hope I'm not watching a game in which Purdy is running for his life on every play due to a lack of running game. Not that we haven't been there before. But I guess what ever happens, happens.
How do we actually know about his abilities?
He's had like 23 carries for the year. Who's to say he's not better then Breece? (I know the answer)
We won't know how good he is till he's the feature back.
Until then, we can't ***** about him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron