Chants from the band

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Leave the band alone, and their chants too!

You know who else likes band, I bet...and wants us to leave people alone?

th

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Oh I am serious, it surely wasn't our high powered offense. I meant inspiring, like when the band plays The Bells of Iowa State. Do you know what that is? That's nice, that's a tradition. See so in addition to getting killed by Oklahoma every year, the band is also one of the most traditional parts of ISU football.

You really think 56,800 people come for the band on saturday? Good lord. I believe the band is an important part to game day atmosphere and enrich it, but lets call a spade a spade, they aren't the big reason why fans turn out every saturday. Just look at how halftime goes...

And the chants are not funny, rather annoying, and not original. Stop trying to inflate the bands self worth.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Our band is super, super good at playing band.

The chants get old after about a game. National writers always love it, but it get's annoying for me.

Band members are big ISU fans though so props to them. Some have an inflated sense of importance, but most are just big fans from what I've seen.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I've been to a few high school games where they no longer have a pep band and the atmosphere is absolutely sterile. Without the traditional school songs, the cheerleaders look like they've been hung out to dry. The school spirit is almost non existent. The ghetto rap all night makes things seem even more pathetic- it's best played during the shoot around. I'd hate to see bands removed from the college game. The pageantry is part of what makes college sports so great.

I'm so grateful that I grew up in small town Iowa & didn't have to choose between music & sports. I loved playing football & I loved playing trombone. While it's true maybe half the band has no idea what's going on in the game, some of the biggest diehard Cyclone fans are in the band & bleed Cardinal & Gold. So please don't generalize them all as annoying nerds.

In conclusion, I would love to see an end to pep band chants. Stick to playing music.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron