Sioux City
1373064920313.jpg

yeah_bro_he_mad.jpg

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Band is great, if you think nerds are in band then you obviously have zero intelligence. Yes I am a jazz drummer and was in band. I also played basketball and wasn't a dork. The ISU band is the most traditional and inspiring part of many football games....it surely isn't the football team most of the time. It's people like you (several people on this thread) who the athletic department caters to. I.E. When the football team runs out let's not let the band play, they can stand there while we blast 90s hip-hop most of the good white people of Iowa or "butt rock" from the 80s. Oh, and you know what's even more lame than the band????? MF Sweet Caroline. Neil Diamond sucks then, he sucks now and that song is the worst. We don't want to look like a bunch of lame white farm kids from the sticks, but when we win let's sing one of the worst pop songs ever recorded. Leave the band alone, and their chants too!

I was in band. Played jazz, sax quartets, woodwind ensembles, concert, pep, and marching bands. I also played 5 different sports in school. I agree it is great at football games and creates a special environment only seen in college sports. Bball band is much different. The chants they do are lame. They are trying to be funny and draw attention to themselves but it just comes off as really annoying. I would much rather see them just yelling "oooooooohhhhhh" as part of the student section than doing their own little nerdy thing. You comparing lame band chants to top selling records back in the day is just absurd. Its more of a tradition to hear jock jams at a game than some geeky kid waving a flugel horn yelling "the ball is a rubber chicken".

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
You can't be serious. There are 400 people in JTS who go to see the band...and 300+ of them are in the north endzone.

Outside of band parents that visit. No one gives two ***** about band doing a little jig and playing the theme from Space Odyssey

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Band is great, if you think nerds are in band then you obviously have zero intelligence. Yes I am a jazz drummer and was in band. I also played basketball and wasn't a dork. The ISU band is the most traditional and inspiring part of many football games....it surely isn't the football team most of the time. It's people like you (several people on this thread) who the athletic department caters to. I.E. When the football team runs out let's not let the band play, they can stand there while we blast 90s hip-hop most of the good white people of Iowa or "butt rock" from the 80s. Oh, and you know what's even more lame than the band????? MF Sweet Caroline. Neil Diamond sucks then, he sucks now and that song is the worst. We don't want to look like a bunch of lame white farm kids from the sticks, but when we win let's sing one of the worst pop songs ever recorded. Leave the band alone, and their chants too!
Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

nyclone

Feb 5, 2014
I was in band. Played jazz, sax quartets, woodwind ensembles, concert, pep, and marching bands. I also played 5 different sports in school. I agree it is great at football games and creates a special environment only seen in college sports. Bball band is much different. The chants they do are lame. They are trying to be funny and draw attention to themselves but it just comes off as really annoying. I would much rather see them just yelling "oooooooohhhhhh" as part of the student section than doing their own little nerdy thing. You comparing lame band chants to top selling records back in the day is just absurd. Its more of a tradition to hear jock jams at a game than some geeky kid waving a flugel horn yelling "the ball is a rubber chicken".
Ok, here's my point....I go to games and put up with the crap that drives me nuts, yet I don't make a thread about it. TO EACH HIS OWN. Honestly I don't really like the chants, but they should exist if the band kids like doing them. Just like Sweet Caroline exists for students with no taste, and Jock Jams exist for the people recalling their high school athletic careers.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Ok, here's my point....I go to games and put up with the crap that drives me nuts, yet I don't make a thread about it. TO EACH HIS OWN. Honestly I don't really like the chants, but they should exist if the band kids like doing them. Just like Sweet Caroline exists for students with no taste, and Jock Jams exist for the people recalling their high school athletic careers.

This is a fan site. People can complain most anything. You complain about teens listening to Neil Diamond instead of Radiohead at a game. Trust me there are many people that agree with you. But all your doing is complaining about people that are currently complaining. I love to kick the band in the side. It's fun.

nyclone

Feb 5, 2014
This is a fan site. People can complain most anything. You complain about teens listening to Neil Diamond instead of Radiohead at a game. Trust me there are many people that agree with you. But all your doing is complaining about people that are currently complaining. I love to kick the band in the side. It's fun.
And I love to complain about bad music and complain and people complaining. See we're all happy! :)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yeah, people come for the band. That's why the stands empty at halftime of football games.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City

1372203229856.jpg

jabalke

Nov 22, 2012
The chants are original and occasionally funny. If you don't like it, mute your TV or just ignore it because in the larger aspect of the game, you don't matter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I like the band. Overall, they are pretty big fans and give their all. We all do it in our own way. I'm glad that we have them.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....wait, you're serious? El oh El

nyclone

Feb 5, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....wait, you're serious? El oh El
Oh I am serious, it surely wasn't our high powered offense. I meant inspiring, like when the band plays The Bells of Iowa State. Do you know what that is? That's nice, that's a tradition. See so in addition to getting killed by Oklahoma every year, the band is also one of the most traditional parts of ISU football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron