Chants from the band

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I was in the pep band & I actually hated all the chants. It felt embarrassing at times. But the other members would heckle you if you didn't participate because it was tradition. I would've preferred to just help the cheerleaders. It's THEIR job to lead chants.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I was in the pep band & I actually hated all the chants. It felt embarrassing at times. But the other members would heckle you if you didn't participate because it was tradition. I would've preferred to just help the cheerleaders. It's THEIR job to lead chants.

It felt that way because it is

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines

Nice team player. Are there any other long standing traditions we should do away with?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
The chants are best when you're at Hilton and it's loud enough that you can't hear them. I love the band during timeouts but we could do with about 8 less fight songs. I've been to the point where I don't even want to stand or clap too many times this season.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
The chants are best when you're at Hilton and it's loud enough that you can't hear them. I love the band during timeouts but we could do with about 8 less fight songs. I've been to the point where I don't even want to stand or clap too many times this season.

You are the reason they play the fight song. To motivate you to actually cheer for your team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron