Chances at K-State

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
We have a winner, it seems. K-State shot 53% from three last night, but that's been the anomaly. Over the season, this is the worst three point team in the league, and they have really struggled with their zone offense.

I look forward to a 90+ point night, plus a new record from 3 for the Wildcats.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
As bad as the last week has been a win at Kansas State would keep pace from last year. We lost in Manhattan but won in Austin so that would even out. Of course that would make the Monday game against Oklahoma a must win to keep pace to finish around 12-6.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
We start slow and dig ourselves a double digit first half hole. KState shoots well above average from 3. Our defense is infuriating. On offense, we are treated to Nader jacking up a bunch of ugly jumpers, and McKay bobbling passes and whiffing on chip shot bunnies. We will make a charge at the end to make it look closer than it was, but we won't have the gas in the tank to finish it. Cats win. Wake up calls are made, lessons are learned. The CF meltdown is fairly mild as most posters start coming around to acceptance of where our program really is and where it is going. We exit the top 25 on Monday.

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This is obviously a very tough conference. Looks like no one including ISU can keep up with the frantic pace of WVU except maybe Oklahoma (surely not KU)...going to find out soon. If a team not on top of its game they will lose. ISU not on top of game and not as good as they think they are. Earlier there was talk of 7-8 teams making the tournament so I still think ISU will be there but maybe as the 7-8 pick. Chemistry not there now for some reason or just a bit off and for this team it makes a world of difference. Looks like some of them were not really dedicated to off season workouts but maybe that is not true. Cant be great every game and will be a loss when that happens with how close all the conference is.

Regardless the endeavor, when there's a management change performance suffers for a time. It's true in commerce, government, everywhere. Players take time to adjust.

Your coach is replacing a legend. That makes it even more difficult

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Honestly it depends on how well ISU defends the 3.

They won just about every category of the game tonight, except the 3 ball, they got outscored by 21 from 3 point line.

They need to defend it early on so teams don't get a flow.
We score two, they score three. A lot of our shortcomings are we do not hit threes that much anymore other than Georges and maybe matt and maybe monte. Not having 3sus was a ball buster this year.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Which player on K-State's roster has never scored more than 6 points or hit more than one 3 pointer in a game in his life? He's the guy that'll be 5-6 from 3 PT and finish with about 20 points in a game we lose by 5.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Sometimes I think there's no way our defense could be worse, and then we switch to a zone and I realize how wrong I was.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron