CF Pete Taylor tribute

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
In the late 80's KIOA was on the third floor of General Growth. My husband was an architect with GG and would take our young son to work with him some evenings. Alex would take along his Little Tyke Trike and ride that thingup and down the hall as fast as he could. More than a few times he didn't have complete control and would crash into KIOA's door. One night the door opened and there stood Pete Taylor. He had come to see what was happening in the hall. He knelt down and talked to Alex and asked his favorite team at which he replied Cyclones but when asked his favorite player he answered with Chris Street. Pete patted Alex's red head and told him he had made good choices.

Last edited:

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Pete's loss was so huge from both emotional and functional aspects of Cyclone athletics. For one thing, LE was never the same after he was gone.

The good thing is that John Walters seems to be getting more and more 'Pete like' each season.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Pete's loss was so huge from both emotional and functional aspects of Cyclone athletics. For one thing, LE was never the same after he was gone.

The good thing is that John Walters seems to be getting more and more 'Pete like' each season.

Well no kidding, he was only the coach for another month. Wasn't Pete a buffer between Bruce and Larry?

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I'm not calling for a cease fire on the bickering today, that would clearly be unreasonable. But I would like to make a motion to keep this bad boy on the front page. At least for today.

Reactions: Cycloin