Central Iowa Media S***s!!!

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
These guys refuse to believe that we can win here. Since Mac became coach, only two North schools have NOT finished in the final AP top 10. ISU and Mizzou. If you can finish in the top 10 in Lawrence, Manhatten, Corvalis, Boise, Iowa City (for that matter) and compete for a BCS title in Morgantown. We can expect to appear on the national radar here as well.

I'm sorry that our beloved local media won't be there to support us.

In an effort ot save Randy Peterson some time, I will throw out the LOW BALL list of candidates that the DMR will publish when the job most likely comes open.

Mark Farley, Terry Allen, Steve Loney, Bob Elliott and Rob Ash.

I have nothing against any of those guys, I may even like to see one or two get an interview. The point was that no effort will be made to envision a leader @ISU having a national interest. They refuse to believe in us!!!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If ISU wants to change it's coverage and image in the media's eyes - winning some games would help.

Complaining about how we are covered is kinda like complaining that people treat Lawrence Phillips like a screw up. If it walks, talks and smells like a rat - it is one.

Right now ISU football is a smelly rat - it's time exterminate and clean up the smell.

Only then will we get any respect. Remember, to get respect - first one must earn it.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
If ISU wants to change it's coverage and image in the media's eyes - winning some games would help.

Complaining about how we are covered is kinda like complaining that people treat Lawrence Phillips like a screw up. If it walks, talks and smells like a rat - it is one.

Right now ISU football is a smelly rat - it's time exterminate and clean up the smell.

Only then will we get any respect. Remember, to get respect - first one must earn it.

*sigh*... its true. Gotta earn the respect.. and right now we're a long ways away.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
:eek4wd:
Since Mac became coach, only two North schools have NOT finished in the final AP top 10. ISU and Mizzou.
:eek4wd:

When did KU finish in the top 10 ?????

so basically only 1/2 of the North has finished in the top 10 in DMacs' years here....with only 'newcomer' to join the perennial powerhouses of N and CU from yester years.

I really don't see the news here.....:eek4wd:

-keep

Last edited:

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006

The point is that if those schools can achieve top ten status once in a while, why can't we. Further more, why can't the media see that.

No question that respect is earned. I just didn't plan on so many people w/ a degree and being in a field where success stories are chronicled every day having such a narrow view of one place.

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames

The point is that if those schools can achieve top ten status once in a while, why can't we. Further more, why can't the media see that.

No question that respect is earned. I just didn't plan on so many people w/ a degree and being in a field where success stories are chronicled every day having such a narrow view of one place.

The only reason I can see for their excuses is that it protects them from disappointment when Mac does fail, because they can just fall back on his past accomplishments, which in reality aren't THAT great. But even that is a weak excuse, so who knows.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
okay you got me... but I wouldn't count Dan's second season to KU's top ten finish as a mark against Dan... but technically it is...

:dull8ay:

-keep

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Do you actually think the media surrounding K-State gave them any chance pre-Snyder? No.

They only got the respect once they deserved it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron