Can we talk about Nebraska?...

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Interestingly, Campbell took a minor shot in today's OWH column by McKewon...

» 32.10: Carries per game by Nebraska’s offense, which ranks last in the Big Ten and 115th nationally. For those who like Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, know this: The Cyclones average even fewer carries per game and yards per carry, too.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Eichorst's son was also arrested Nov 4th for sexual assualt on a minor. According to wife of Omaha Cy (credible source!) the son was claiming it was consensual but the minor was 12 (?). Perhaps the NU brass also had details on the case being made vs Eichorst's son and the firing was a really easy decision to distance themselves from that mess. And he also is to blame for losing Nu's black friday game as well.

2 shoddy ADs have really crippled NU's football program the last 15+ years. Pollard probably needs a raise!
Eichorst was fired in September and the incident with his son occurred at the end of October.

Someone said they should fire Riley now just to save him the embarrassment of 2 more weeks of press conferences. On the post game show someone said keep Riley but fire all the coaches. Riley fired his special teams coach 2 years ago and his defensive coordinator last year. I read online someone complaining that if Moos doesn't fire Riley within the week Moos should be fired as well. Lots of unhappy people in Huskerland :)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It warms my soul to see that Nebby still sucks.
It will be even better when it takes paying a premium to get even a second year AAC coach and hometown hero to coach there. I can’t wait until they turn on Frost and wonder how he could look so much better at UCF.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Interestingly, Campbell took a minor shot in today's OWH column by McKewon...

» 32.10: Carries per game by Nebraska’s offense, which ranks last in the Big Ten and 115th nationally. For those who like Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, know this: The Cyclones average even fewer carries per game and yards per carry, too.

Fewer carries is definitely be design. ISU is trying to make games as short as possible when they have the ball. The yards per carry is a little surprising with very few sacks, and DM being an absolute stud. The ISU OL is, well, not very good at run blocking is putting it nicely.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I think that Nebraska better get ready to be snubbed by Frost. I see this playing out exactly like the Iowa and Bob Stoops situation did years ago. The former team hero gets out in the world and learns and sees a bigger picture. When he decides to do what is best for himself and his family, the local fans feel snubbed. They will then turn on their hero, and it won't be pretty.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sooner or later Venables will leave Clemson. While I think he would want the KState job, will he wait if Nebraska, Ole Miss, Arky, Tennessee throw a pile of money at him?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They need to win out to reach 6 wins and their next two games are @ Penn State and vs Iowa.

Yet, the Huskers are somehow still tied with Iowa for 3rd in the Big 10 West.

Current state of the Big West is similar to the B12 North in '04 and '05.

• Agree
Reactions: MNCYWX