Can we talk about Nebraska?...

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There may actually be some truth to the $35M 7 year deal that supposedly Nebby has dangled in front of Frost. Throw in exclusive assistant coach hiring, bigtime assistant coach salaries, and bam...Nebby has entered Hok Ferentz land. This will be a make or break for the fan base.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Funny how both nebraska and Missouri had really good initial years when they got to their new conferences. Once their Big 12 recruits dried up they have tanked, and tanked miserably. It's been wonderful to watch.

Same with TAMU. A couple years of dominating the SEC then mediocrity. Colorado also has not really flourished in the PACXIV, either. They at least used to sometimes do good things back when they were in the Big 8.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
There may actually be some truth to the $35M 7 year deal that supposedly Nebby has dangled in front of Frost. Throw in exclusive assistant coach hiring, bigtime assistant coach salaries, and bam...Nebby has entered Hok Ferentz land. This will be a make or break for the fan base.

Wow

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
From the Mike Riley Ice Cream Social page

I do not understand why UNL doesn't keep Mike Riley on the payroll instead of cutting him lose with millions. I believe that he should teach or someother measured talent that he can perform such as being an custodial engineer. If he doesn't like either one of those jobs and leaves, than UNL would not have to pay him the balance of his contract. Nebraska has more than one state affiliated school. In fact he could go to Kearney, Wayne, Peru, or Chadron. Don't care what he... wants because Nebraska is paying his bill. Perhaps he will say all those jobs are not in his wheelhouse. Well Mike, prove me wrong, as I believe you can push a broom at the basketball games or sell pop at the football games, as anyone can perform those tasks. Yes Mike, you may not be the best football coach, but you could be the best and most expensive broom pusher that has ever been employed by Nebraska. Just my thoughts.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Every year I hope for a scoreless tie that goes into 7 overtimes, until boredom sets in and the refs call the game. :D

Ugh, I cannot imagine how painful it would be to hear the B1G sunshine-pumpers talking about how awesome defenses are in the B1G after something like that.

Give me a flooded stadium ala “Bull Durham” and a merciful cancellation.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I would normally root for the Hawks in this game due to growing up in Husker country but the Husker meltdown has already happened. The Hawk meltdown from this loss would last all off-season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I would normally root for the Hawks in this game due to growing up in Husker country but the Husker meltdown has already happened. The Hawk meltdown from this loss would last all off-season.

So far it's a contest of who can make the greatest number of stupid mistakes and rack up the most penalties. Woof.

Reactions: heitclone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Consider the four wins...Arkansas State, Illinois, Rutgers, and Purdue...wow. The bet around the water cooler was how fast after the end of the game that Riley is axed. Most think it is tomorrow...but given today, it could come an hour after the game is over.

• Informative

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Consider the four wins...Arkansas State, Illinois, Rutgers, and Purdue...wow. The bet around the water cooler was how fast after the end of the game that Riley is axed. Most think it is tomorrow...but given today, it could come an hour after the game is over.
It will interesting to see if they fire him immediately or wait until they have a new coach ready to sign. Let’s face it, Nebraska is an unattractive job nowadays

• Agree