Can we Beat Baylor in the B12 Championship Monday Eve

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The clones have had a lot of trouble offensively against Baylor, sometimes struggling even to get the ball up court. They seem to be playing a little better now, but can not go on 10 minute scoring droughts.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Griner is a genetic freak, we just have to accept that. Short of putting Will or Melvin (or Booker, but that would be too obvious)in as our new center, it will be quite difficult. I think Bill has been keeping something game-plan wise in his back pocket for handling Griner, but as was pointed out, our offense has been very poor in the previous two Baylor games. If the offense can keep in the game, I bet Bill will gameplan Griner out of the second half.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Good to see the Greiner is a man jokes are still popular. I was going to drop a Josh BOone post and not even care that the joke is 4 years old!

Tough tough game to win but anything can happen. Go Clones!

Well some get a hard on contemplating.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The stars have to be aligned for us to beat Baylor. We have to be really excellent, but we also have to be really lucky.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Bill is the master of creativity when it comes to throwing junk defenses at teams. He will have something planned for tonight. In recent games against Baylor ISU has been holding the ball and letting the shot clock run down trying to shorten the game. I am sure this has had a significant impact on ISU offensively as those were some poor offensive games for the Cyclones. ISU has been killing teams with easy transition buckets and wide open shooters on the wings. I don't think Bill is going to want to go away from that as well as the ISU offense has been going down in Dallas.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Have to shoot unconscious from 3 and get a couple fouls early on the man.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Game in Texas, 80% Baylor fans, sounds like a sure set up for a screw job. All ticky fouls called on us, none on Griner. Hope not, but that's what i'm looking for.

halaleezy

Aug 10, 2010
Game in Texas, 80% Baylor fans, sounds like a sure set up for a screw job. All ticky fouls called on us, none on Griner. Hope not, but that's what i'm looking for.
I doubt this game is close enough to where an unbiased fan will be able to say the refs had any tangible effect on the outcome.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If we do beat Baylor, how would that change our seeding in the ncaa tournament?

Creme on ESPN had ISU as 6-seed (moving down) on 3/4. His 3/11 bracket isn't up yet. I'm hoping ISU has moved up to 5-seed with the last two wins. A win over BU would be huge, but I'm not sure if it would be huge enough to push ISU to a 4-seed. I would also hope that playing tough against BU would secure a 5-seed.

It's been a great tourney for ISU so far!

Last edited:

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Griner is a beast! I mean that in the chest thumping, much respect kind of way! She is a force and a once in a generation kind of talent.

I don't see the good gals keeping it within 10 points, but they are playing the female Lebron or Jordan so there's no shame there.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Creme on ESPN had ISU as 6-seed (moving down) on 3/4. His 3/11 bracket isn't up yet. I'm hoping ISU has moved up to 5-seed with the last two wins. A win over BU would be huge, but I'm not sure if it would be huge enough to push ISU to a 4-seed. I would also hope that playing tough against BU would secure a 5-seed.

It's been a great tourney for ISU so far!

I would hope we would get a 5, with almost half our losses to Baylor and 2nd in Big 12.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I want the crowd to chant:

"We need a basket, we need a basket...kick her in the left knee, kick her in the right knee, kick her in the wenee..d a basket"...LOL