Cam Lard Enrolled in Wellness Center

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
This is extremely encouraging. Of course he'll see some adversity along the way - bad games are gonna happen, and the Big 12 crowds for away games will be merciless. It'll be good to have NWB right there to help him through that stuff.

At least we don't have a game at Mizzou this year so Cam won't face what jeff Grayer did from "the Antlers"

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
His recruiting has been off the charts lately. I look for more of the same.

It has been really good. I do wonder how the eventual death of the one and done rule will impact his recruting efforts. Right now he seems to have found a sweet spot going after four and five star kids who aren't necessarily one and done type guys. Once that rule goes away, will the Dukes and Kentuckys and Arizonas of the world start targeting those type of players more heavily again?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It has been really good. I do wonder how the eventual death of the one and done rule will impact his recruting efforts. Right now he seems to have found a sweet spot going after four and five star kids who aren't necessarily one and done type guys. Once that rule goes away, will the Dukes and Kentuckys and Arizonas of the world start targeting those type of players more heavily again?
Nah. They'll still go after the top tier guys who would've been OaD's regularly but now have them for 2 years. Rich get richer haha

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
No knock on Fred but I'd choose Steve if I had the pick of the two after these past 3 years.

Agree. Obviously Fred was the absolute spark plug to where we are now (and in some ways to how the transfer thing works). But if he didn't have a contract with the Bulls (or another team) and Prohm's was up and had to choose, at this point I'd take Prohm.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Just my opinion but every freshman athlete should have to watch the Chris Herren 30 for 30.

Agree. It's tough though, I'd say they all should watch "Broke" too (another 30 for 30)...but the culture (especially basketball) with AAU, "got get yours" culture probably only enhances folks feelings of invincibility.

Watching "Last Chance U" is a reminder.....most of those young men keep the narrative that they will play in the league..and we know the numbers.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
He’s massive because he’s out of shape after the summer. Wants to lose 10 lbs by the season start after which he’ll lose even more.
Good observation. I personally wouldn’t mind a beefier Cam Lard. Curious to see what that extra weight translates into after workouts...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Good observation. I personally wouldn’t mind a beefier Cam Lard. Curious to see what that extra weight translates into after workouts...

Yeah, I’m so in love with the Cam I saw last year that I don’t want him to change by getting beefier. He’s a special player.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, with the speed he has I'd stay away from "beefier/fat".

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, with the speed he has I'd stay away from "beefier/fat".

He'd still move well for his size. Sounded like there was also quite a bit of fitness involved in whatever program he was in and I'm sure they have a plan in place.

Just good to see him and know he was willing to go through the process, and even talk about it. That's hard for anyone.

Makes me a little squeamish knowing that Randy Pete interviewed him.