Caleb Grill has been dismissed from team

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
When I posted this thread it was in reference to his on court actions. I didn't mean any hatred toward Grill as a person just frustrated with his on court behavior. I see why some people took my comments a certain way. In light of what has happened today and Grill's Twitter comments I do regret some of those comments I made. I hope the best for Grill in the future and hope he gets the help he needs.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Sorry to hear. We may never know the full story. Best wishes to Caleb. Never want to hit someone when he/she is down.

You may have taken this a bit too far, thus the negative feedback. But your point remains. Caleb may be dealing with his back pain issues in a less than positive way. One has to go thru chronic back pain, or a significant back pain situation to understand.

He is not going to need lumbar fusion. That is reserved for older, worn out backs. Is he having an ongoing back pain issue? Back pain was an issue, for sure, to start. Ongoing pain, I don't know. No one in the know has said anything regarding that.

Your last statement, referencing the Alabama situation, really doesn't apply, but I can understand the comment. You should have left that out.

Overall, your post has some relevance.
He is definitely still dealing with pain, that’s why he didn’t play in the two recent road games and has been limited in minutes lately. Otz has said do in post game.

Reactions: t-noah

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Yes, you are right. Because I disagree with your take that you prefer ISU basketballs programs success over KUs, I am not capable of raising children to be good people.

Seriously dude, get off your high horse and pull the corn cob out of your ass.
I guess you are just better at picking and choosing your morale high ground. I have a different vision for ISU and trust TJ did the right thing.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I win lt say exactly what I think it was but Caleb went from Mr nice guy on the court to a total attitude change the last year. Went from humble to cocky, couple cheap shots, trash talking guy. I know what I think it is but won’t say it. Have a smile and stfu up is what I’ll do.

Totally agree. A+ effort early on and doing a great job until that back injury. Downward spiral after that. That anger just seemed out of character IMHO. Good luck Caleb.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How can anyone in the cave post negativity about anyone else. Birds of a feather

It’s easy for adults to be civilized and respect others, because some don’t doesn’t mean nobody is mature. The basketball threads are no more/less respectful and this thread is a prime example. I apologized if I was wrong, I mean it’s not like I track every dude with “Amish” in their name.

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

RagnarLothbrok

Feb 28, 2015
JFC...you got him pegged as an opiod-hooked maniac with a gun???Surprised you didn't have him beating defenseless animals.
You read that wrong. As a person who lived through a t3/t4 fusion and chronic pain for a year where I couldnt sleep, took opioids, epidurals, while managing my job, wife and kids, I'm saying it takes so much out of you when you can't even roll out of bed, can't sleep no matter what amount of melatonin you take, gained weight, can't work out, can't do the things you love, you become irrational and say regretful things to your loved ones.

The gun analogy is about the Alabama player who continues to play and my disapproval of removing a player from a team that probably needs a support system more than anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron