BYU Postgame Thread

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
No such thing as an ugly road win, just a road win. Kane out a game would be too bad as I think it looked way worse than what actually lead to it, but it might be a good game to get Morris some quality PT.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
So far this team has been the opposite of last years team. Does not shoot the 3 ball that great, but a lot tougher down the stretch. They and come back and won the last two games. Last year ISU was the team giving up the late lead to loose.

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
I understand he caused an injury, but isn't the definition of a flagrant fouling while not trying to make a basketball play? Looked to me like he thought Mika would go up but he didn't, just a bad foul by Kane, but nothing malicious necessitating a suspension. IMO, even the ejection was over the line, no way he should get a suspension for that...

It did kind of look ugly but I saw it as he thought Mika was going up with the ball and just overplayed it and could not stop his hands.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
HELL YESS ! Proud of our Cyclones coming out of Provo. Great coaching job Fred keeping the boys calm and under control. Need to work on those FT's boys. Awesome win and great confidence booster especially playing in the altitude, no Frickn' excuses. Team win. Damn so proud of our guys !

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I am just amazed at how this team has gelled so early. I was totally impressed with Kane before he left the floor: talking to each teammate personally & encouraging them on. Wow - I was expecting another KU, @ Tex, @OSU ending (like last year), great job out of this team to get the 'W' in an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT environment!!

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I'll be interested to see what Kane has to say about that play. It did look like he just suddenly decided to poke Mika in the eye. His look of surprise makes me at least hope that it was an accident. If it was just an accident, the punishment was too harsh considering what had just happened a few plays before. Seems like BYU got all of the calls until the end when their influence with the refs seemed to disappear. That one play it looked to me like we traveled and then the missed TO at the end of the game. BYU fans must be losing it right now. However, without some very marginal calls BYU wouldn't have been even close at the end...

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I really hope Melvin didn't do this. We are better than this.

Fran Fraschilla@franfraschilla1m
Good for him. Tough place! RT @ecizzle: @franfraschilla your boy Ejim flipping off the students in the crowd after fouling out.

2013-November-20-23-35-16.jpg

Reactions: CTTB78

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Cyclones finish a tough game, good to see!

Tough, tough calls near the end, but we played through it. This team is coming together. We're getting a program off the ground, boys (and girls).