BYU playing Stanford right now on ESPNU

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
BYU is 118 - 11 at home with their current head coach. And Iowa State has played like completely garbage on the road the last three years to open the season. Expecting a loss, and it won't bother me.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I'm glad BYU is good. All upside if we win, no big deal if we lose. BYU has some talent, a great coach, and a great home court fan support/advantage. Their guards can drive and shoot, and they have a stud freshman big guy (who I think matt thomas' aau team lost to last summer). Should be an interesting game to see who can get who in foul trouble first. We're going to need a big game from Niang and some great team defense.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
BYU looks like one of those scrappy teams you have to hate - bigger UNI. I don't like this guard of theirs - Carlino - sounds too much like Carfino.

I remember Carfino. Watched ISU's win over Iowa (overtime, I believe) and Allen was posting Carfino up at will. An announcer mentioned Allen's height advantage and Zabel said "well, Carfino is 6'4"-6'5" himself." We laughed our ***** off.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
BYU went 6-2, 6-5, 6-6, 6-10, and 6-11. That's a big lineup. Seem to be lead by their G/SF's though.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
If Ejim is back.

I don't know if I see this happening. He is supposed to be out 4-6 weeks from Oct. 31st and we know that rehabs change things...but it really sounded like Hoiberg wanted to be as cautious as possible with him and with BYU only being on Nov. 20th and Auburn after that, he would need some really big strides towards 100% for him to play before the Auburn game.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I don't know if I see this happening. He is supposed to be out 4-6 weeks from Oct. 31st and we know that rehabs change things...but it really sounded like Hoiberg wanted to be as cautious as possible with him and with BYU only being on Nov. 20th and Auburn after that, he would need some really big strides towards 100% for him to play before the Auburn game.

He has made big strides, he no longer feels any pain in his knee, and the swelling was gone was the last report. He's been cleared to push harder in practice by the doctor, and they are doing a scan today to determine if he can return, or to get a better idea of when he can return. He's been in the gym shooting and running as well as in the pool.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
BYU went 6-2, 6-5, 6-6, 6-10, and 6-11. That's a big lineup. Seem to be lead by their G/SF's though.

Yeah when I watched them, their bigs didn't really do anything. But their guards can for sure score.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
My question is... are you going to freak out and post 98 times about how much we suck if we lose both of those games?

I hope we win 'em both... but I doubt we do.

98 more like 498. Cannot wait till we lose one we shouldn't, hell even one we should, for all of these posters to come on here and start ripping on Fred.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I remember Carfino. Watched ISU's win over Iowa (overtime, I believe) and Allen was posting Carfino up at will. An announcer mentioned Allen's height advantage and Zabel said "well, Carfino is 6'4"-6'5" himself." We laughed our ***** off.

Loved Terrance Allen - from Riviera Beach FL.

I think it was him - on his recruiting trip it was one of those cold dark overcast days. The recruiter is driving to Ames after picking him up at the DSM airport. The recruiter is talking up ISU and Orr hoping the Floridian isn't too off-put by the cold dark tundra. Allen looks at the landscape and says someting like, "I like this countryside! I think I'm coming here."

Like Chuck Berry said, "It goes to show you never can tell."