BYU and Sunday Competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does the NCAA take any special factors into consideration when scheduling the MBB national championship tournament? If so, when was the last instance? Have they ever done so for BYU in the past?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the entire issue is they can't play on Sunday, it is they need to be home by midnight Saturday night. So any away game they play would have to early in the day on Saturday to ensure they are home before the start of Sunday.

Best example is if they make the Basketball Championship game, they would need to be able leave KC in time to get back to Provo by 12 that night. So while it only effects 12 women's sports on a Sunday, how many would it effect that are late Saturday starts.

Edit: Mtown got this cleared up. I was wrong. Not the first time won't be the last.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
What would happen if in a job interview I told my potential employer, look, this job is a great fit. I offer your company a lot and I want to work here. Financially, it works for both of us, too. But I can't work Fridays, sorry.

Would you expect an offer? I didn't think so.

Let's add Cincy, Memphis, Houston and either Colorado or Colorado St (decided via a Mad Max Thunderdome competition)

If they thought you were a good enough employee they would hire you. Thats a pretty bad comparison though considering there are hardly ever games on Sunday in the first place. A better comparison would be if you refused to work on Sundays for religious reasons and them hiring/not hiring you based on that. I'm guessing they wouldn't give a **** and hire you.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the entire issue is they can't play on Sunday, it is they need to be home by midnight Saturday night. So any away game they play would have to early in the day on Saturday to ensure they are home before the start of Sunday.

Best example is if they make the Basketball Championship game, they would need to be able leave KC in time to get back to Provo by 12 that night. So while it only effects 12 women's sports on a Sunday, how many would it effect that are late Saturday starts.
they need to be in Provo by midnight every night? That can't be right. Lol

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013

They play in Arizona this year at 8:30 PM so i doubt that is a rule.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
no alcohol in tailgate lots. period. they said tailgaters can drink off campus and walk there. their first trip to ames will be an eye-opener.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Sorry, I should have elaborated, but when we had 12 teams, the championship was on Sunday. If we are expanding would we not go back to a championship on Sunday?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Without question BYU is the best brand available so I hope they get an invite if we go that route.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Sorry, I should have elaborated, but when we had 12 teams, the championship was on Sunday. If we are expanding would we not go back to a championship on Sunday?

Nope. 4 games Wednesday, 4 games Thursday, 2 games Friday, Championship Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron