Buying "panties" on eBay

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yep, same boat here, MrsBrianHos has 2 of those damn purses. They are the same purse just a different color. I don't get it. But they are the real deal, I bought them for her at the younkers goodwill sale. But she is worth it I guess. She never complains when I buy new electronics.

That in and of itself makes it worth it.:wink:

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
I saw an air guitar (shown in a black case - case not included of course) go for $14 plus $3 S&H. I want to say there were more than 10 bids on it :yes:

mrsbrianhos

Mar 2, 2007
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
Yep, same boat here, MrsBrianHos has 2 of those damn purses. They are the same purse just a different color. I don't get it. But they are the real deal, I bought them for her at the younkers goodwill sale. But she is worth it I guess. She never complains when I buy new electronics.

They aren't the same purse. But thank you none the less.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I have a friend who got his motorcycle on eBay, and it worked out pretty well - I guess some car dealerships put stuff up on there? I wasn't sure about his decision to get a helmet on there, though - I don't think they have Carfax for helmets.

If a dealership puts a car up on e-bay, especially a relatively "expensive" one (i.e. more than a few thousand bucks), it often makes sense to get in touch with them outside of e-bay and make an offer. They are likely to cut you a bit of a deal, since if they sell it through e-bay they have to pay commission to e-bay, but if they sell it directly, they don't have to. I've had a couple of friends who have done this.

Always ask for the VIN of the vehicle, though, and run it through carfax.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I have bought quite a bit of baseball memorbillia crap - most of which I have since sold, and my digital camera on ebay. 90% of the time I have had good luck but no real odd purchases either. I did see once while looking around at a thumb drive that a huge % of those things, and others as well, are fake. There is a section on ebay about items that are frauds more often than not.
Leno has odd ebay items on periodically too and has the audience guess as to whether or not it sold. Some people will bid on anything, its like a gambling disease!