Buy a Blizzard Today!

D

DistrictCyclone

The correct response to the toaster pastry line of questioning is NEITHER. Both are barely acceptable for consumption.

Yep, I said it...

Pfft. Typical Toaster Strudel supporter.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
But no restaurant on earth has more awful fries. I've been to the Culvers in Ames a few times and every time the fries have been something my dog wouldn't even eat.

This is correct. Culver's fries are poor.

That's why you go with the cheese curds :yes:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Whoa, hold on a damn minute.

#1 The Rolo McFlurry is fantastic.
#2 Comparing the McFlurry and a Blizzard is a travesty. That's like expecting the $2 snack size McFlurry (a Fiat) to have a quality like the $3.89 small blizzard (a Cadillac) has.

Oh, dear. No, no, no, the Rolo McFlurry is so bland! And they do such a crap job of stirring it - you only get candy in the very top of it, and then their sub-standard ice cream down lower. Now, I will eat an Oreo McFlurry if I have to settle for a Fiat - the flavor contrasts better with their ice cream.

As there should be. Anything that isn't a Pop Tart is terrible.

Of course, Angie will probably want to compare Pop Tarts and Toaster Strudel if she compares her pastries like she does ice cream.

Well, I mean, they both go in the toaster and have fruity stuff in the middle. Am I right? :wink:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Oh, dear. No, no, no, the Rolo McFlurry is so bland! And they do such a crap job of stirring it - you only get candy in the very top of it, and then their sub-standard ice cream down lower. Now, I will eat an Oreo McFlurry if I have to settle for a Fiat - the flavor contrasts better with their ice cream.
I haven't had this issue but can see how that would be rather disappointing.
Well, I mean, they both go in the toaster and have fruity stuff in the middle. Am I right? :wink:
Not necessarily fruity stuff. Which brings me to my next talking point: Most of the non-fruit Pop Tarts are terrible.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I haven't had this issue but can see how that would be rather disappointing.

My problems may be with the construction rather than the actual taste. I only got the Rolo McF once, too, it's possible that I only got the crappy bits from the bottom of the bin or something. It's still hard for me to give it another shot when I know the Oreo usually brings its... I don't know, C+ game.

Not necessarily fruity stuff. Which brings me to my next talking point: Most of the non-fruit Pop Tarts are terrible.

Yeah, I'll 100% agree with that. The only chocolate that needs to go anywhere near any of my breakfast foods is in Nutella. To be honest, I really only like the berry flavors of Pop-Tarts (if you count cherries as berries, I don't know if they qualify). Even the apple ones don't do it for me.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I didn't even know there were apple Pop Tarts and I'm ok with that. I'll stick to cherry, strawberry, and blueberry.

Apple Toaster Strudel on the other hand...******* delicious!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I didn't even know there were apple Pop Tarts and I'm ok with that. I'll stick to cherry, strawberry, and blueberry.

Apple Toaster Strudel on the other hand...******* delicious!

Yes! Now, Toaster Strudel etiquette question. Do you use the included packet and drizzle the frosting on and leave it, or do you spread it with a knife so that you get equal distribution?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yes! Now, Toaster Strudel etiquette question. Do you use the included packet and drizzle the frosting on and leave it, or do you spread it with a knife so that you get equal distribution?
Where's the spread one pack on the strudel and then take another one and squirt it into my mouth, thereby screwing the person who gets the last strudel option?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron