Butter Michael Jackson sculpture at Iowa State Fair voted down

BigTD

Sep 11, 2008
No doubt voting on it is dumb. At the same time a butter sculpture of a pedophile is pretty dumb too

I'm not defending the man by any means as he certainly got stranger as time went on, but do you have proof he was a pedophile? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was he ever convicted on anything he was charged with?

I do agree voting on this matter was dumb. The state fair should have moved forward with whatever plan they had in place. I'm sorry, but they didn't ask for a vote when Tiger Woods or Garth Brooks were carved out of butter. Why start now?

clone99

Sep 14, 2007
Iowa
just stick with the cow. then only PETA will be offended and they are used to it since 99.99 % of country disagrees with their ideas.

TOMMYBOY

Apr 17, 2006
If you have had a case of sexual abuse strike close to home like I have. You would have a different opinion on this matter. I have 2 small children. One was abused by a sick individual. I hope MJ man burns in hell!!!

BigTD

Sep 11, 2008
If you have had a case of sexual abuse strike close to home like I have. You would have a different opinion on this matter. I have 2 small children. One was abused by a sick individual. I hope MJ man burns in hell!!!

So you are saying you can prove he is a pedophile? A jury didn't think there was enough proof. I'm not saying that he did or didn't do, but a court of law didn't conclude that he did. I would like to point out he had 3 children of his own, and he was probably being watched pretty closely based on the things that had been alleged against him. Yet, his own children were never taken from him.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Good idea, make PETA happy in the process. I like it.

I say do it out of Lard which you get while the animal is slaughtered unlike butter which is made from the milk taken from the cow, but no harm is done to the cow.

If we are going to **** PETA off, I say let's fricking jack them up to panic attacks........:jimlad:

TOMMYBOY

Apr 17, 2006
He said he slept with little boys. That is good enough for me! This crap goes on more than people realize. We should also not forget he is a drug attic.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
He said he slept with little boys. That is good enough for me! This crap goes on more than people realize. We should also not forget he is a drug attic.

As in, "where did you get this stuff man?" Response: "at the drug attic...duuude!"

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think that this thread shows exactly why they shouldn't sculpt MJ out of butter. The 65% opposed are vehemently against and the 35% who aren't against it could really care less. This sculpture should be somewhat fun and whimsical. Whether or not MJ was guilty of any crimes there is really no point to have controversy involved with the butter sculpture.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
there is really no point to have controversy involved with the butter sculpture.

:biglaugh:

Exactly, we're all missing the spirit of making people out of butter. I mean, come on people!

TOMMYBOY

Apr 17, 2006
For a person to correct someones spelling on a post about something so serious tells me you must be a couple immature teens. If you had a sweet 3 year old girl who was your life you might not joke about this.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I think that this thread shows exactly why they shouldn't sculpt MJ out of butter. The 65% opposed are vehemently against and the 35% who aren't against it could really care less. This sculpture should be somewhat fun and whimsical. Whether or not MJ was guilty of any crimes there is really no point to have controversy involved with the butter sculpture.

Very well said. :notworthy:

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa

Dude, whatever...it's a sculpture and it's butter...do you want to anger the mullets? Don't anger the mullets.