Buffets in North Des Moines/Ames

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I am not sure if this is still an option, but the dining centers on campus offer prices so people who do not have a dining plan can come and dine in. When I lived in Ames, after graduating, I did that a few times.

If the dining centers still offer prices so the public can come in and eat, that would be a great option. A large amount of seating, a wide variety of food, supporting the University. If you call ahead, they may have a room you could reserve for the team. I know the Union Drive Dining Center had a room above the food court for this.

Here is the link for ISU Dining Options: https://www.dining.iastate.edu/meal-plans/

• Useful
Reactions: StClone and SCNCY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Does Hy-Vee still do the Grand Buffet pass? We used to wreck the west Ames HyVee back in the day.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Take em to HuHot.

Oh god, a bus load of football players after HuHot?

giphy.gif

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
I have not been to Mongolian Grill in Ames since HuHot opened. Wondering if it's quality has dropped off since. I thought it was fine before.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Bonanza on NE 14th off I80..again call ahead so they are prepared. Just a random on your way option.

Bonanza closed due to covid in February. Loved going there because I'm old enough to remember when Ames had a Bonanza. Now we have none. :(

Last edited:

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Bonanza closed due to covid in February. Loved going there because I'm old enough to remember when Ames had a Bonanza. Now we have none. :(

200.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron