BU KU

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If we win, the most likely scenario is a 4 seed with KSU the 5 seed. If we lose, the most likely scenario is a 5 seed with KSU the 4 seed. Either way, we'll likely be playing KSU in the quarterfinals with the winner getting Oklahoma in the semis.

The Kansas game may do little more than determine whether we get a first round bye or play Colorado.

Colorado might as well be a bye, and last year playing CU, then KSU worked out well for us last year.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
We really really need OSU to beat A&M tonight. That would give us the #3. Then if A&M can turn around and beat BU on Saturday - #2 baby!! We needed KU to beat BU last night for this to happen and it did!!! Hopefully the starts will align.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
All of this assumes we beat Kansas, not even remotely a certainty the way they're playing.

If A&M loses to OSU tomorrow:

an A&M win over Baylor makes a three-way tie among ISU, A&M, and Baylor, and we get the 2 seed--
2. Iowa State (11 - 5) Defeated Texas A&M based on head-to-head record.
3. Texas A&M (11 - 5) Defeated Baylor based on record against #1 South Division teams. Lost to Iowa State based on head-to-head record.
4. Baylor (11 - 5) Lost to Texas A&M based on record against #1 South Division teams.

an A&M loss to Baylor makes Baylor 12-4 and we get the three seed--
2. Baylor (12 - 4)
3. Iowa State (11 - 5)
4. Texas A&M (10 - 6)

If A&M beats OSU tomorrow:

A Baylor win over A&M puts us in a tie with A&M, which we win for the three seed--
2. Baylor (12 - 4)
3. Iowa State (11 - 5) Defeated Texas A&M based on head-to-head record.
4. Texas A&M (11 - 5) Lost to Iowa State based on head-to-head record.

An A&M win over Baylor puts us in a tie with Baylor, which we lose for the four seed--
2. Texas A&M (12 - 4)
3. Baylor (11 - 5) Defeated Iowa State based on head-to-head record.
4. Iowa State (11 - 5) Lost to Baylor based on head-to-head record.

If I was a betting man, I would say we end up with a 3 seed. AM beats OSU at their last home game, BU beats AM their last home game, and ISU gets a revenge victory over KU on senior night. KU is hot, but I just don't see our seniors losing on senior night. The scary thing is as a 3seed, we would get Texas as a 6 seed based on my projections with the tourney generator.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I'm sure that Bill, staff and team are focused on a scary KU team right now. But, looking ahead, a four seed might be better for us. If we play OU during the semi-final round, with two other teams still playing, the crowd will be more diverse and there should be a little less of an OU home atmosphere. The other fans might even support ISU. I'm thinking Bill thinks we can beat OU with just a little help.

Help Support Us

Become a patron