Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Do you realize he managed to win 7 games vs the fifth hardest schedule in the entire country all while having an OL that sucked? That is incredibly impressive
While the best defense he played in conference play was 40th in the nation.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
IDK. I'd still take Banks, Long, or Seneca ahead of Purdy. Let's see what he does this year and maybe I'll move him up.

Purdy put up way better numbers than those 3 all while playing a harder schedule and having an OL that sucks

Warner vs Purdy is a good debate but the best QB to ever play at Iowa or Iowa State is Purdy by a pretty big margin

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Purdy put up way better numbers than those 3 all while playing a harder schedule and having an OL that sucks

Warner vs Purdy is a good debate but the best QB to ever play at Iowa or Iowa State is Purdy by a pretty big margin
C'mon. Purdy was ranked 20th rated QB in the country last season. Banks led the country in passer rating, was a Heisman finalist, and won the Davey O'brien award.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
passer rating. you love that stat right?

Yeah. I'm sure he was behind Tua, Burrow, Hurts and a few others but no way he was 20th in the P5 lol

Purdy's career passer rating with an OL that sucks: 157

Banks career passer rating with the best OL in school history: 155

Check mate

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
passer rating
Yeah. I'm sure he was behind Tua, Burrow, Hurts and a few others but no way he was 20th in the P5 lol

Check mate
a few others? Morgan, Huntley, Slovis, Lawrence, Howell, Gordon, Ehlinger......... there's more.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020

Check mate
Banks first full years as a starter:
Big ten championship, 11 wins, Davey O’Brien Award, Big Ten offensive player of the year, Big Ten player of the year, AP college football player of the year, Second team all American, Chicago Tribune Silver football award, finalist for the Maxwell, Heisman runner up, and finalist for the Walter camp. Purdy has stats but Banks had wins. Wins>Stats

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Is this based on college or pro accomplishments?
This is based on the statement regarding the best QB ever produced by the state of Iowa. But yes it would be based on pro accomplishments however I think Warner was pretty damned impressive his 1 season as a starter IIRC.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is based on the statement regarding the best QB ever produced by the state of Iowa. But yes it would be based on pro accomplishments however I think Warner was pretty damned impressive his 1 season as a starter IIRC.

So we agree, Chuck Long sucked.