Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Where am I seeing SOS on there. You only played 2 ranked teams in the regular season? Lol what a meat grinder
Whuppity do. It’s pretty much identical to ISU’s 2019 season only we played more teams with winning records.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Seneca was Mr. Clutch IMO. Had less to work with too. Jack Whitver was good, but he was no Lazard or Butler.

Our Seneca teams would've probably been pretty bad teams without him. Purdy's teams are some of the better overall teams I've seen us have since I started following in 96.

It's a tough choice. Wallace had an incredibly accurate arm as evidence by over a decade in the NFL.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
First of all, he was 2-0 against Iowa (what is Purdy's record against Iowa?), and in 2002 at Iowa he was definitely the main reason we came back and won that game. Clutch throw after clutch throw in crucial times. I remember the TD throw to Danielson in that game that was unreal, and then the completion to Whitver on 3rd and long from ISU's own endzone that basically clinched the game.

He was also crucial in wins against Nebraska and TT (the run) in 2002. And of course we all can't forget the "win" against Florida State at Arrowhead (he was in!!).

I said Purdy could still end up changing my mind. And I don't want to get into an argument over two ISU greats. Because when you do, it's almost like you start slighting one of them, and that's not right IMO. They are both great.

Yeah Seneca's Iowa comeback on the road was the most one guy can carry a football team. He had a dozen huge plays where the entire Iowa dline was immediately on him.

It's a tough choice for me but these two with separation.

Reactions: heitclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Our Seneca teams would've probably been pretty bad teams without him. Purdy's teams are some of the better overall teams I've seen us have since I started following in 96.

It's a tough choice. Wallace had an incredibly accurate arm as evidence by over a decade in the NFL.
Wallace only completed 57.7% of his passes at Iowa State for 26 TDs and 27 INTs...

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yeah Seneca's Iowa comeback on the road was the most one guy can carry a football team. He had a dozen huge plays where the entire Iowa dline was immediately on him.

I'd go with Seneca. Most clutch play I've ever seen Purdy have was jumping on a fumble in OT.

• Haha

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Honestly Seneca that second half reminds me a lot of Purdy the second half vs Oklahoma. Unfortunately Hurts didn't drop the ball twice that game like Banks did though

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You obviously didn't watch the Oklahoma State or Kansas State game his freshman year or Texas this last year
I've seen Purdy play well. There's a difference between playing good and being clutch. That fumble recovery to save the game vs UNI was the most clutch IMO. Agree to disagree.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've seen Purdy play well. There's a difference between playing good and being clutch. That fumble recovery to save the game vs UNI was the most clutch IMO. Agree to disagree.

You didn't watch those 3 games I listed did you?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Reminds me of this game. Wallace set a conference record for completion percentage (92%) and consecutive completions (18) in this game.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
I'm going with Purdy over Seneca.
Seneca had two unbelievable 6 game stretches, problem is they weren't in the same season.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron