Bracketology 2024

HackTheGibson

Feb 18, 2013
Omaha
I bit the bullet and this morning bought an all-session ticket in Omaha. That ticket for 3 games cost just a little more than my Big12 Tournament ticket for 11 games.
Six games, not three (three sessions, two games per session). I also got the all session tickets. I purchased them between the WV and OU games at the end of February. Should be fun!

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I don't think he said that. He just said teams seeded 1-7 are locks and can't fall out of the tourney. I don't think he meant the top overall 7 seeds were locks not to drop.
No. I think he means locked into the top 7. The top 30 are locks to make the tournament at this point.

Also. It’s just some dudes opinion so it doesn’t really matter.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You literally said the committee weighs the non-con above the full body of work. There is simply zero evidence that they have ever done that.
No, the non con essentially gets counted twice and yes this absolutely happens.

• Informative
Reactions: GotHops32

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
No. I think he means locked into the top 7. The top 30 are locks to make the tournament at this point.

Also. It’s just some dudes opinion so it doesn’t really matter.
Context clues. Why would he talk about teams 1-7 (7 teams) being safe, teams 8, 9 and 10 (3 teams) needing one more win to feel safe and then every other comment is about a team trying to just get in.

He was saying all 1-7 seeds (28 teams) are safe and that all 8-10 seeds (12 teams) need one more win.

your right about one man's opinion.

Reactions: FerShizzle

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
No, the non con essentially gets counted twice and yes this absolutely happens.

Find me 1 example where a team with a clearly better overall resume got seeded lower because of a bad non-con SOS. Not a case where 2 equal teams got seeded based on non-con SOS, but a case where non-con SOS was valued more than overall resume.

If its so common, it shouldn't be hard for you to find an example.

groomsie

Sep 22, 2011
Stoughton, WI
Purdue at the top, some things never change lol
I'm actually interpreting this that Purdue is likely overseeded and more ripe for an "upset", than say Houston, UConn, and that teams like Arizona or Iowa State are more likely to "exceed their seed" and you'd rather not face them.

I interpreted this to mean they rate Houston as correctly seeded and most likely to back it up.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
SOS is stupid, we might as well go back to RPI if that is a relevant statistic.

SOR and WAB are what actually matters. Winning games > Losing games
Exactly; who cares if you played a hard a schedule if (hypothetically) you lost to all those good teams? Other metrics already reward you for losing to a good team by less than the metrics expected.

SOR >>> SOS

We're currently #5 in SOR vs. Marquette's #9.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I'm actually interpreting this that Purdue is likely overseeded and more ripe for an "upset", than say Houston, UConn, and that teams like Arizona or Iowa State are more likely to "exceed their seed" and you'd rather not face them.

I interpreted this to mean they rate Houston as correctly seeded and most likely to back it up.
I think that’s what he meant by things never change.

I will go on record without seeing a bracket that Purdue will make the Final Four this year. I said it yesterday, I think people are underestimating them.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
lets re-word it

the committee will look at KU beating UCONN and Tennessee as better than Iowa State beating Green Bay and Lindenwood.
And we beat Kansas and Houston and were a half second away from getting Baylor on the road. That's pretty parallel to Kansas and they did that in November, what have they done lately?