BOWLING!!!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Could happen then we'd be in Dallas. WVU only moves out of the Pinstripe (Big East matchup) if we lose to them. TCU would buy a crap load of tickets in Dallas. Houston & Dallas both know this.

With Baylor winning tonight, they'll be at 5-5 with Tech and OSU left...I can see them beating Tech. If that happened, they'll get picked over us for the Dallas Bowl, meaning ISU would likely get left out.

Wouldn't mind playing another bowl as long as it's good

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
With Baylor winning tonight, they'll be at 5-5 with Tech and OSU left...I can see them beating Tech. If that happened, they'll get picked over us for the Dallas Bowl, meaning ISU would likely get left out.

Wouldn't mind playing another bowl as long as it's good

Don't see Baylor beating TTU or OSU since they both have passing games (KSU's downfall). Yes, it could and may happen but right now I wouldn't pick them to win either. Tech is their best chance. If it happens, we could end up on the open market since Texas bowls will pick Texas teams and we won't be the "sexy" choice for NYC.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I see a lot of people saying wv to pinstripe because they would play big east team. It comes down to the order of picks. Pinstripe has second last pick. Both isu and West Virginia would have to still be unpicked for the pi stripe to have to choose between us.

I'm not saying West Virginia won't go to pinstripe. Just saying that pinstripe will take whoever they can based on the teams left unpicked.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm not saying West Virginia won't go to pinstripe. Just saying that pinstripe will take whoever they can based on the teams left unpicked.

"Whoever" is available also includes deals between bowls to get who they want and feel will bring the best matchups and ticket sales.

"order of picks" doesn't really mean much when teams are grouped together with 6 & 7 wins.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Luck and a good history of attending bowl games. :)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
TCU is not as attractive to a Houston bowl as you might think. They are a national team because their students come from everywhere (I think 50% are from out of state). Remember the lousy attendance at home against us.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Keep in mind a win next week and a loss by Tech to Baylor would put us in a tie for 5th. Obviously, a lot of possibilities yet...

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Extreme long shot, but I am praying for a BWW bowl in Tempe. I'll already be their visiting my sister, a hawk fan. I'm confident I would get her to cheer for isu with me if they are playing in the same town she lives.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Meanwhile, somewhere in Lawrence, the two students who took advantage of Charlie Weis buying their game tickets are thinking to themselves, "Damn, I wasted half of a night of beer drinking for this?"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron