Bob Lazar

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Could be true. Or even cooler... the ships are us humans from the future, here to make sure we don’t blow up the world or end our civilization before we get out of this Dangerous age.

But if from future didn't we already make it? If you had such tech it would be hard not to use to go back and try to alter things or view events from history.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
But in order for humanity to get to the point in the future where we developed time travel so that we had the technology to come back, wouldn't that necessitate us surviving this period in the first place and thus negating the need to come back and supervise us in the first place? Unless of course time truly is cyclical and future humans have thus always existed and always traveled back to oversee earlier periods of history then.... oh dear I have gone cross eyed.
It could be inter-dimensional travel. It could be the same person, existing at the same time, on a different path.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
That is what he has stated. I have not independently confirmed.

Any link to a place where he stated it? I didn't hear it in the podcast or in the film on Netflix.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Human beings will never have the ability to time travel. Proof: Nobody travelled back to prevent the biggest nimrod in the history of mankind from bring president.
I listened to a TEDtalk recently about time travel. The guy explained that traveling into the past would most likely be done through a wormhole to "jump" through space time. However, you could only jump to moments in time where the technology exists to create an opening for the wormhole. So, people will, theoretically, only be able to travel back to when that technology was first developed. This explains how its possible that humans will find a way to travel into the past, yet we've never been visited by people from the future, because the technology doesn't exist yet.

The other way to travel back in time, to best of my knowledge, is to travel faster than the speed of light, which requires an infinite amount of energy.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Right. Would think any advanced civilization traveling would be mechanical based.
Absolutely. AI robotic control and exploration like we can't even imagine. Sometime recently I heard it theorized that the gray's, if you buy that they are a "thing", aren't aliens per se but bio-robots.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I listened to a TEDtalk recently about time travel. The guy explained that traveling into the past would most likely be done through a wormhole to "jump" through space time. However, you could only jump to moments in time where the technology exists to create an opening for the wormhole. So, people will, theoretically, only be able to travel back to when that technology was first developed. This explains how its possible that humans will find a way to travel into the past, yet we've never been visited by people from the future, because the technology doesn't exist yet.

The other way to travel back in time, to best of my knowledge, is to travel faster than the speed of light, which requires an infinite amount of energy.
Not infinite, just immense. E=mc^2

Even then you aren't really going back in time, you just don't age.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Any link to a place where he stated it? I didn't hear it in the podcast or in the film on Netflix.

I believe it was stated toward the end of the podcast when they were talking about the Netflix documentary.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
He definitely claims he's never profited from any of this in the Podcast. Don't remember if it was mentioned in the film.

And claiming this back in the 1980s, all you were gonna get was ridiculed and crazies chasing after you.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Where are you getting those quotes from? Yahoo answers? A link would be nice.

Anyways, the thing that convinces me the most that he is being truthful is that he knew that test flight times. He also brought his friends to view the test, and they even got a video of it.

From the links posted earlier in the thread. It can be a bit of a rabbit hole of links, but here's an example: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/

Again, there might be some truth in what he's saying, and I'm not interested enough to go to any effort to support or disprove what he's saying. After listening to the podcast I was interested and 100% believed Lazar. I did some searching just to read more about him and what else he shared and basically got bombarded with people discrediting him, and in ways that I would consider to be quite credible.

The main issues I have are that he uses several aspects like his "blackballing" in work and education as support for all of this. As has been reported, he claims to have gotten a MS in physics at MIT, yet there's zero record of it, no one else can credibly support it, and when asked who he studied under he gave the name of a teacher at the JUCO he attended. If you get an MS you will never forget your major professor and your major professor will likely never forget you.

Somehow the government has been wiping out all of his records based on what he's said. Yet, his story about bringing civilians out to watch a test flight essentially gets him a stern talking-to and he gets to keep working there? Unless I misunderstood, that's essentially how he described it on the podcast from my recollection.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I agree, and I do believe him when he says he does not want to attention that comes with telling his story. Him having to reshape his life for essentially 25 years is real. Him getting blackballed from working in those fields is real. And from what I can tell, he has not been sitting at his home screaming from the top of a metaphorical mountaintop for someone to listen to him for all those years. Most people who are in it for the fame don't just allow the light to fade like that. Who knows though, I may be giving him too much credit.

He has no record of his supposed study at Cal Tech or MIT. Labs aren't going to hire guys with JUCO educations to work on particle accelerators.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If you get an MS you will never forget your major professor

Well, speaking with Art Bell on the 9/26/97 broadcast at about the eight minute mark he does state how his friends tell him he has the worst memory that can be had.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well, speaking with Art Bell on the 9/26/97 broadcast at about the eight minute mark he does state how his friends tell him he has the worst memory that can be had.
Well working around all of that alien tech complete with huge gravity fields has got to turn your brain to mush.

:rolleyes:

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Here's my conspiracy theory:
1. the gvmt has already made contact with aliens of some kind, or is at least aware of their existence

2. to prevent the release of this information from causing mass hysteria, rioting, and general panic, they are dropping hints about alien life slowly yet continuously to get people more comfortable and accepting of the idea, for example:
> locating exoplanets every week, each more life-supporting than the last
> scientists speculating about cellular-type life on Mars, Europa, Titan, etc etc
> "non-nutters" talking about UFO sightings (Navy guy above, airline pilots, etc)

It's all sort of like the Prime Directive in reverse. I suppose some year we might find out for sure. Hope I am not dead already when it happens.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Here's my conspiracy theory:
1. the gvmt has already made contact with aliens of some kind, or is at least aware of their existence

2. to prevent the release of this information from causing mass hysteria, rioting, and general panic, they are dropping hints about alien life slowly yet continuously to get people more comfortable and accepting of the idea, for example:
> locating exoplanets every week, each more life-supporting than the last
> scientists speculating about cellular-type life on Mars, Europa, Titan, etc etc
> "non-nutters" talking about UFO sightings (Navy guy above, airline pilots, etc)

It's all sort of like the Prime Directive in reverse. I suppose some year we might find out for sure. Hope I am not dead already when it happens.

Trump would have tweeted it five minutes after the briefing if there were aliens.