Bob Lazar

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Documentary was hard for me to get through. Jeremy Corbell's directing style is far too over the top for me. Every time Bob was on the screen just speaking or they were old clips of his initial coming out, I was sucked in, every time it cut to the atomic bombs and particles splitting with the eerie voice over, it lost me. If they had taken all of "blow your mind" aspects of it and just made it about the facts and the story, it would have been far more impactful imo.

I also have about 30 minutes left of the Pod. Far more informative and interesting to me than the Doc, more-so because of the nature of the conversation. And I agree with those who have stated above, every time Corbell starts talking I rolled my eyes, and it seemed to me that Joe Rogan was doing the same lol

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think my take aways from it are as such.

Bob Lazar is not lying about what he worked on and the things that he saw. There are ET crafts that are under our control. The moment I start to dive into how we managed to procure these, I start to not know what to think.

My belief is he isn't lying about what he worked on or what he saw, he isn't necessarily lying about what he read in the briefings. I do, however, think that the information given in the briefings are exactly what he mentioned his worry was, spoof info to make sure they could track you down if you released it. I don't ever feel as though he is lying, or actively trying to deceive.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Another really interesting UFO moment was the battle of Los Angeles. Not the stupid movie but the actual event where military fired 1000's of rounds at an object in 1942 and later on claimed it was just a weather balloon.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Regarding Lazar, I feel like this doesn't make any sense. And to think the schools erased his history without pressure from any organization makes even less sense. Brilliant people go crazy all the time, their schools don't erase their history.

Do they though? How many brilliant people with a history of working at top secret government/military laboratories go crazy and start claiming there are alien spacecraft stored there? I've never heard of any aside from Lazar. Then again, I'd never heard of Bob Lazar until this thread popped up.

I don't even think it takes being "crazy" in the sense of being completely off your rocker. It just takes the wrong switch being flipped in your mind. If this guy had a bad day or week that flipped that switch in his brain from "I'm working in a top secret government facility where I'm not allowed to know much about what other people are working on for operational security" to "I'm not allowed to know much about what other people are working on because it's ALIENS", then suddenly your mind sees aliens everywhere. You start attributing things with perfectly normal causes to aliens that you never would have if your mind wasn't in "alien" mode.

In my view the crazier thing is if the US Government really did have 9 alien spacecraft sitting around in a bunker somewhere since the 30s or 40s. What incentive would they have to keep this secret for several decades? I could understand keeping it secret for a short time, even 5-10 years to slowly bring the population around to it and get as many secrets out of it as you can. But after that, why keep it secret? You might say it's pride - but that doesn't hold up. They publicly and shamelessly stole all the best science and technology from Nazi Germany after it was defeated, despite taking negative public opinion for pardoning Nazi scientists. You might say the aliens themselves are around and influencing the government, forcing them to keep it secret - but that also makes no sense. Why? If the aliens are so advanced relative to us, then what need do they have to keep anything secret from us?

It just doesn't make any sense. I stick to Occam's Razor - the simplest answer is the best. The guy is not lying, but somewhere some wires in his brain got crossed causing him to believe things that aren't correct. The effort it would take for the US government to sustain a massive alien conspiracy for decades with no tangible gain does not make sense.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
I tend to do the same (Occam's Razor) and I usually follow the scientific facts, no matter where they lead.

This is different IMO. The US Military admits there are UFO's flying around that defy the laws of physics. They have a ton of credible pilots that describe exactly the same type of laws-of-physics-destroying" maneuverability and propulsion that Lazar described in the 80's.

What about the (imo) much more likely possibility - the US Military has observed unidentified flying objects which appear to defy the laws of physics. These objects are not what the military thought. I don't know any specific examples of these observations, but for example say they see a light moving in a way that defies the physics of any aircraft we know. One possibility is that it is an advanced craft that defies physics. The other possibilities are it's two or three different craft going in and out of view/detection, equipment error, human error (eyes playing tricks on you), and the list goes on. Military personnel are not immune to mistakes or being deceived by various visual effects, equipment glitches or peculiarities, that may or may not be fully understood by science in general or that particular pilot specifically.

I don't think these military pilots are crazy or trying to make things up. They are just reporting that they've seen things they don't understand. That doesn't mean those things are likely to be attributed to alien technology.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
In the documentary one of the more interesting lines in it was from George Knapp's news segment. The anchors ask him how such a huge secret could be kept a secret for so long, it has to be hard to keep it under wraps. His response was something along the lines of "well, not really. It may be the easiest secret to keep contained because it has come out several times and nobody believes it!"

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
http://www.stantonfriedman.com/index.php?ptp=articles&fdt=2011.01.07

I also highly reccomend reading, "Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer.

Did Lazar work at Los Alamos? Yes, for an independent contractor, not directly for the Lab (as the phone book page shows).

If I did something amazing, or something stupid, or something stupid-amazing, and Iowa State decided to scrub records of me being there I can show a diploma, show a copy of my transcripts, show evidence I repaid student loans, etc.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Totally agree it made me roll my eyes, especially with Mickey Rourke narrating. That's why I enjoyed the interview with Rogan a lot more than the doc.
They had Mickey Rourke narrate this? I know it doesn't matter but if you want something to come off as credible, why would you use a narrator that's known for being a bit off-the-rocker and is famous for starring in relatively well-produced soft-pron movies?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I also highly reccomend reading, "Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer.

Did Lazar work at Los Alamos? Yes, for an independent contractor, not directly for the Lab (as the phone book page shows).

If I did something amazing, or something stupid, or something stupid-amazing, and Iowa State decided to scrub records of me being there I can show a diploma, show a copy of my transcripts, show evidence I repaid student loans, etc.

The first I ever heard of Lazar was on the Rogan podcast, on which I thought he was completely credible and I 100% believed everything he said. But if you read this and other responses to the Lazar story you find accounts like these:
- The phonebook shows a K/M, which was how employees of an electronics contractor were denoted. He physically worked in the lab for a period but was not an employee. He didn't have a record as an employee because he wasn't an employee of LANL.
- In an interview on UFOs in 1993 (and other subsequent interviews) he was asked to name professors at MIT and CalTech. He gave two names, neither of which taught at MIT or CalTech. One taught at the JuCo he attended, and one the HS he attended. Sorry, but if you get your MS you will NEVER forget your major professor, and your major professor will never forget you.
- The guy apparently finished in like the bottom 1/3 of his HS class. Not getting into MIT. Sorry, not happening.
- He talks about the Feds coming after him. They busted him for selling hazardous/controlled substances after a complaint: https://www.justice.gov/civil/cpb/case/us-v-united-nuclear-scientific-supplies-et-al-0
- The guy went through bankruptcy and owed lots of people money, including family members. Not that it debunks anything, but might give some insight to motivation, or at least credibility
-In regards to the element 115 stability, Scientific America had an article in 1969 suggesting a likely "island of stability" around element 114. They published another article on the same topic in 1989, right before Lazar started giving interviews. This was also a repeated theme in physics textbooks.

I haven't done a bunch of searching to verify all of these claims because I don't care that much. After the Rogan podcast I went on to read more about the story and just kept finding lots of these points refuting or explaining pretty much all of his evidence. To me there is just way too much out there that pokes holes in his credibility.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Shermer doesn't believe anything though so citing him as a source leads me to believe you went in assuming its BS. How did Bob know the days and times of experimental test flights if he was a nobody at los alamos?
Also, I am not saying this dude is 100% credible because he isn't, but some stuff rings true and others not so much

• Agree

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The first I ever heard of Lazar was on the Rogan podcast, on which I thought he was completely credible and I 100% believed everything he said. But if you read this and other responses to the Lazar story you find accounts like these:
- The phonebook shows a K/M, which was how employees of an electronics contractor were denoted. He physically worked in the lab for a period but was not an employee. He didn't have a record as an employee because he wasn't an employee of LANL.
- In an interview on UFOs in 1993 (and other subsequent interviews) he was asked to name professors at MIT and CalTech. He gave two names, neither of which taught at MIT or CalTech. One taught at the JuCo he attended, and one the HS he attended. Sorry, but if you get your MS you will NEVER forget your major professor, and your major professor will never forget you.
- The guy apparently finished in like the bottom 1/3 of his HS class. Not getting into MIT. Sorry, not happening.
- He talks about the Feds coming after him. They busted him for selling hazardous/controlled substances after a complaint: https://www.justice.gov/civil/cpb/case/us-v-united-nuclear-scientific-supplies-et-al-0
- The guy went through bankruptcy and owed lots of people money, including family members. Not that it debunks anything, but might give some insight to motivation, or at least credibility
-In regards to the element 115 stability, Scientific America had an article in 1969 suggesting a likely "island of stability" around element 114. They published another article on the same topic in 1989, right before Lazar started giving interviews. This was also a repeated theme in physics textbooks.

I haven't done a bunch of searching to verify all of these claims because I don't care that much. After the Rogan podcast I went on to read more about the story and just kept finding lots of these points refuting or explaining pretty much all of his evidence. To me there is just way too much out there that pokes holes in his credibility.
This is all a smear campaign by the government to discredit him. Also, any facts Bob got wrong was just purposefully false info provided to him by the government. He is still 100% credible.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Shermer doesn't believe anything though so citing him as a source leads me to believe you went in assuming its BS. How did Bob know the days and times of experimental test flights if he was a nobody at los alamos?
Also, I am not saying this dude is 100% credible because he isn't, but some stuff rings true and others not so much
The supposed witnessing of craft and test flights were well after his work at Los Alamos. That was when he worked for Groom years later. Los Alamos had nothing to do with the test flights or anything at that site. That was simply background told by Lazar to set up how he got linked up with Teller and Groom. That part isn't really disputed, other than him using this fact that LLNL "erased" his employment record due to what he's said, when in fact the remaining record (the phone directory) shows he was working in LLNL under the employment of an electronics contractor.

It seems to make sense that Lazar was a smart guy that had some interest and knowledge of particle accelerators. For whatever reason he didn't have the academic chops to do what he claimed. He won over Teller as the "rocket car guy" and fed him the BS about what he did at MIT and LLNL. He claims he worked on the proton accelerator at LLNL, which maybe he did in some capacity as a 3rd party contractor. Teller gets him linked up with Groom to work with or around a particle accelerator in some capacity, which gets him access to testing schedules.

The site I linked suggests there has been a lot of smoke around use of proton accelerators at that site for weapons or radar/detection jamming, which could definitely produce particle beams, orbs, and such.

I'm not really going into the story as a skeptic or believer, I just found the podcast interesting and Lazar credible on it. But there's so much information refuting what Lazar says and destroying his credibility that I think a bulk of his story is fabricated or largely exaggerated.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Shermer doesn't believe anything though so citing him as a source leads me to believe you went in assuming its BS.

Shermer is a strict adherent to "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." I tend to be very similar in my thinking. I've been familiar with Lazar for well over 20 years. His extraordinary claims have continually been challenged and he doesn't produce even ordinary evidence. Also, Shermer is on record with issues where he initially didn't believe, but changed his mind as evidence became available. Anyway, I didn't cite Shermer as a source, I only recommended one of his books.

I did link to Stanton Friedman, who has been active in UFO research for decades (and unfortunately recently passed away). I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Friedman and listen to a couple of his lectures in 1992 or 1993. He was a strong proponent of the "UFO's are Real" side of the argument, and he presented very good arguments. Much better arguments than Lazar has made.

AuH20, in post #129, has already addressed your question about Lazar's test flight knowledge.

• Informative

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I got about 1/3 of the way through the Netflix doc and it was so cheesy, I turned it off. Sounds like I need to give it more time and then listen to the Rogan podcast.

As for life on other planets, I love this article about the subject.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

As many stars as there are in our galaxy (100 – 400 billion), there are roughly an equal number of galaxies in the observable universe—so for every star in the colossal Milky Way, there’s a whole galaxy out there. All together, that comes out to the typically quoted range of between 1022 and 1024 total stars, which means that for every grain of sand on every beach on Earth, there are 10,000 stars out there.

The science world isn’t in total agreement about what percentage of those stars are “sun-like” (similar in size, temperature, and luminosity)—opinions typically range from 5% to 20%. Going with the most conservative side of that (5%), and the lower end for the number of total stars (1022), gives us 500 quintillion, or 500 billion billion sun-like stars.

There’s also a debate over what percentage of those sun-like stars might be orbited by an Earth-like planet (one with similar temperature conditions that could have liquid water and potentially support life similar to that on Earth). Some say it’s as high as 50%, but let’s go with the more conservative 22% that came out of a recent PNAS study. That suggests that there’s a potentially-habitable Earth-like planet orbiting at least 1% of the total stars in the universe—a total of 100 billion billion Earth-like planets.

Big Clone Guy

Jul 2, 2019
I’ve watched the documentary and the podcast, I personally thought the podcast was more interesting. The documentary had these weird narration parts that imo ruined it.

I think Bob Lazar is telling the truth:

1. What does he gain from lying? He isn’t the type of guy that wants to be famous. He stated that he really didn’t want to do the podcast because of all the attention. He also said how much talking about it has ruined his life. Plus it’s not like he’s making boat loads of cash of this.

2. Thing he described about the base has ended up becoming true. For emaple he said that the base used a hand scanner that measured the length of the bones in your hand to indentify workers.

3. He knew the test flight times. Not only that, he brought his friends out to view it 3 different times and they recorded it. How else would he have known about sercert government tests? It’s pretty clear he’s telling the truth, I understand why people would reject the idea. It’s too complex for simple minded people.