Bloody Mary Mix

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm not the biggest bloody mary fan but my wife brought home a mix the other night that was very good. It's called Madame Mary. She got the spicy version and the burn stayed around for a long time.

I believe the owner lives in Templeton but doesn't claim that it's produced there.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm a fan of the original, but haven't seen the spicy. Sounds like it would be up my alley.

Between it and Hair of the Dawg, there are some pretty good Bloody mixes coming out of Iowa.

If you're ever get up to Northeast Iowa or Southeast Minnesota, check out Uncle John's out of Rochester. Probably my favorite commercial mix.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I'm a fan of the original, but haven't seen the spicy. Sounds like it would be up my alley.

Between it and Hair of the Dawg, there are some pretty good Bloody mixes coming out of Iowa.

If you're ever get up to Northeast Iowa or Southeast Minnesota, check out Uncle John's out of Rochester. Probably my favorite commercial mix.

AIB-UIEast former athlete creation. Just sayin'.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
AIB-UIEast former athlete creation. Just sayin'.

I know. I actually met him while he was giving out samples at a grocery store in Iowa City. Super nice guy, and didn't give me any crap when I said I was a Cyclone fan.

I don't boycott U of I related products if they're good products.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Good call, can't wrong with that one.

When I first got into bloodies I drank nothing but Zing Zang for like a year and kind of burned out on it. A lot of bars use it as a base, which is fine, but it's been awhile since I've actively sought it out. Quality product for sure.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When I first got into bloodies I drank nothing but Zing Zang for like a year and kind of burned out on it. A lot of bars use it as a base, which is fine, but it's been awhile since I've actively sought it out. Quality product for sure.

Me too.
I was in WAS early one afternoon and they started making bloody mixes and I had a pen in my pocket and wrote down what they do. I think they have one of the better bar mixes I've had.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Me too.
I was in WAS early one afternoon and they started making bloody mixes and I had a pen in my pocket and wrote down what they do. I think they have one of the better bar mixes I've had.

I'm a big fan of WAS bloodies.

Whenever I go to football games in Lawrence, I make sure to stop in at Louise's West. They have a great bloody and my wife got the recipe from the bartender, so most of the ones I make at home are a variation on that theme.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I also like the Madame Mary mix occasionally. What are some homemade recipes you guys like to use?? I don't think I've ever had a bloody that's too spicy for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron