Blake Haluska Article

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Good luck to Blake, hope he continues to improve and wants to be a Cyclone.

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
8 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
Add to Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Customize Recipe
Add a Personal Note
DIRECTIONS
Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round mixing bowl or deep 8-inch square container with foil. Spread ice cream in container, packing firmly. Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 inch pan.
Prepare cake mix with egg and almond extract. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven according to package instructions, until center of cake springs back when lightly touched.
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt and sugar until stiff peaks form.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or heavy brown paper. Place cake in center. Turn molded ice cream out onto cake. Quickly and prettily spread meringue over cake and ice cream, all the way to paper to seal. Return to freezer 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Bake the Alaska on the lowest shelf, 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve at once.

Oops, my bad... I thought it was Baked Alaska :embarrassed:

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
He is VERY GOOD. They are in our district and had the chance to watch him in person and on tape a lot. He is very fast and throws a nice ball.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
As long as its not basketball he's playing. I don't think I can stand watching someone constantly throw up a shot without setting his feet. Other then that I wouldnt mind if he is an actual talented football player and could come contribute.

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny
Blake has been to a few ISU games with my nephew and sat with us. He seems like a good kid. Hopefully he comes to ISU.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If the coaches think he can play and contribute at the Big 12 level I am all for it. Sean Haluska gave everything he had, and made the other players better with his dedication. I was upset at Adam for a while too, but I let that go. Sean seems like a great young man who represents ISU well.