Blackmon Arrested for DUI

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The interview with Gundy after this makes me think 'coverup', I would not be surprised if the kid starts this week against Kstate.... Hey Gundy ever heard of 'coaching morals'

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
The interview with Gundy after this makes me think 'coverup', I would not be surprised if the kid starts this week against Kstate.... Hey Gundy ever heard of 'coaching morals'

Remember he is under 21, so for all we knew he blew a 0.01. I'm going to withhold judgement until more details come out. He obviously did something stupid, but it might have been no more than being a 20 year old.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Did you read the article about the arrest? The officer gave him a "field sobriety " test. In no place does it record a BAC, which is as easy as getting him to blow into a tube. This screams lousy, incompetant police officer who is overstepping his bounds. My guess is Gundy knows more than we do about this, and the NCAA owes him one after the Dez Bryant ridiculousness. I can cheer for OSU. They are the southern halfs version of us in a lot of ways.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Remember he is under 21, so for all we knew he blew a 0.01. I'm going to withhold judgement until more details come out. He obviously did something stupid, but it might have been no more than being a 20 year old.

Not to one that is a stickler for the law, I do agree it may end up being ridiculous, but either way he is a college athlete and should be held accountable for his actions just like everyone else, for better or worse he broke the law....

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Did you read the article about the arrest? The officer gave him a "field sobriety " test. In no place does it record a BAC, which is as easy as getting him to blow into a tube. This screams lousy, incompetant police officer who is overstepping his bounds. My guess is Gundy knows more than we do about this, and the NCAA owes him one after the Dez Bryant ridiculousness. I can cheer for OSU. They are the southern halfs version of us in a lot of ways.

i wish i knew the rules about all that stuff better. It seems like they can bust you on whatever they want. My buddy was walking down the street and a cop pulled over and stopped him on suspicion of knocking over some cones a little ways back (he had not). But since he had been drinking the cop arrested him and took him to jail. got a PI.

Just dumb. Dumb of us I guess too, but come on.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I agree, cops can be really lame, but 90% of the time if you don't disagree and just cooperate they won't do anything.... It is usually when the one being questioned starts to get defensive and angry when it takes a turn....

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Didn't we almost have Blackmon?? I swear he was a Chizik recruit and just picked Okie State, may have even visited....

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
according to Blackmon's rivals page: he had an offer from UNI, but not us. Hmmm

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Not to one that is a stickler for the law, I do agree it may end up being ridiculous, but either way he is a college athlete and should be held accountable for his actions just like everyone else, for better or worse he broke the law....

I agree, I should have been more clear.

If he was going 90 in a 60 after having had a beer or two at the game: The mistake here was going 90. He's 20, that's what 20 year olds do. He should be held accountable but I think any more than a 1 game suspension is overkill. In this case I don't hold anything against the kid. 20 year olds do stupid things.

If he was going 90 in a 60 after having had 12 beers and saying "I'm sober enough to drive, where are the keys?" In this case what he did should get a lot more than a one game suspension and deserves whatever punishment he recieves.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
according to Blackmon's rivals page: he had an offer from UNI, but not us. Hmmm

He was not highly recruited coming out of high school. And yet he made the consensus #1 CB in the country look like warmed over dog meat. These guys can fall under the radar and it gives me hope. I am looking at you, Ecby.

The only Chizik recruit I can remember taking off that I wanted here was Beshears. If KU would just put him at WR they would be in business. The guy was awesome in HS, and I am kind of glad he is out, although I would like to stomp KU and show that he should have kept that committment.

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
The under 21 and any amount of alcohol in your system raises some eyebrows, but what the hell was the kid doing in Dallas at 3:45 am. That is like 250 miles from Stillwater.

When I first read it I assumed OSU had a bye week and they didn't have practice for a few days. However they have a game this weekend. A comparison would be one of our players getting picked up Tuesday morning in Minneapolis or KC.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The under 21 and any amount of alcohol in your system raises some eyebrows, but what the hell was the kid doing in Dallas at 3:45 am. That is like 250 miles from Stillwater.

When I first read it I assumed OSU had a bye week and they didn't have practice for a few days. However they have a game this weekend. A comparison would be one of our players getting picked up Tuesday morning in Minneapolis or KC.
Was supposed to be at Cowboys-Giants game, but again why still in Texas at 3:45. Opens up another can of worms, where/who did he get tickets from. I hope he plays, we need to finish ahead of K State.