Bikes instead of desks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Love it. America is fat and pasty. This won't take care of the pasty, but it will help trim the fat from our youth. Great idea.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Huh, go figure....

I'll be honest. I have a hard time following along to the music on my iPhone when I'm on the treadmill, much less reading classwork.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I read all the time when I put my bike on the trainer in the winter.... It's really not that hard. It's stationary and you don't have to balance. Just pedal.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I'd be more alarmed by the amount of noise generated, and that being a distraction. I have a bike trainer that I ride three or four nights a week in the winter after work, typically while reviewing notes or chapters for classes I'm taking. I love it, but I'm also not learning new material. And it keeps my body loose after full days at work.

Exercise keeps the brain sharp and alert. I'd like to see more serious PE year-round with some national standards. Instill a healthy lifestyle and the country will reap the benefits. There's no reason for a HS student to not be able to do even one pull-up or run a mile in 10:00 or do 30 sit-ups. Maybe I'm biased from living in a state known for being overwhelmingly healthy and fit, but I do get alarmed sometimes when I return to Iowa or see pics from Iowa and see the size of some people including kids.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron