Chapanye

Apr 11, 2012
Undisclosed
Very interesting. Way back when I went to school, football players had to live in the dorms, had to eat at the football table, and regularly had curfews. Now, I know there are other issues, but not sure that argument holds.

One thing to separate them (to some degree) from the other students but entirely another to send "normal" students home for supposed safety reasons while keeping a very select group of people (who just so happen to make millions for the university) around

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So the AP has to put out their poll for the fall right? It's not like they can put out teams that aren't going to play a game until next year because you couldn't move them up or down. Do they put out the top-25 of the best teams left?

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Has he listened to his own damn coach? 5 coaches have been critical of this decision. The Big 10 is absolutely playing with fire here in pissing off their big schools.
Or the big 10 is purposely attacking nu because they don't want to piss off their big schools.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

This is why this is dumb. If it isn’t safe to play the game it isn’t safe enough to practice.

Yes, but the team in the linked tweet would not be practicing football. Lifting weights and conditioning and I’m sure playing catch, but that’s different than full team practices.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I would take Nebraska back as a permanent member every day. Every Big 8 school hates them. Texas hates them. That kind of hate and regional cohesion is what makes college sports great. It's another easy road trip.

In no way, shape, or form would I support a one year bail out. If Nebraska wants to play with the Big 12 this year, they better be ready to do it again permanently and take some lumps in the process.

I can’t argue with that one bit...guess I’m just stubborn and bitter!

Reactions: Sparkplug

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yes, but the team in the linked tweet would not be practicing football. Lifting weights and conditioning and I’m sure playing catch, but that’s different than full team practices.

And 'can' might be the operative word. Like theyre not going to lock them out if they want to go work out in the AD facilities

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not taking Covid lightly nor judging decisions to postpone events but......

IF Big 12 stays true to their intention to play, kind of funny ISU fans get to watch their team and Iowa doesn't.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not taking Covid lightly nor judging decisions to postpone events but......

IF Big 12 stays true to their intention to play, kind of funny ISU fans get to watch their team and Iowa doesn't.

Couple that with the fact that the B1G thought they could call the shots for all of the P5 conference and it is all absolutely beautiful.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Just though I'd post this here since we've had some good news going lately. 2020 doesn't look so bad from a total deaths point of view.

View attachment 74323

8/13/20 update:

Unfortunately, I have to remove this paper for now.

Some diligent and astute researchers who read my paper have now directed me to data and pages on the CDC website that I had not previously seen, which will likely adjust numbers that I published.

Can't say that I'm surprised by who, uhm, fell into this pit.

• Funny
Reactions: 3GenClone and Cy$

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron