Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Since the Big 12 really hasn't missed or needed kNU, they can become an independent for all I care. I never want to be in the same league again with them if we don't have to. Arrogance personified is kNU football. Reject them, and it will be karma for them leaving the Big 12.

diaclone gets it.

• Friendly
Reactions: diaclone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Any good science or facts to back that up? How about the long term heart effects? How about spread to other folks? There just was a news item that I linked somewhere here about a guy who attended church and infected nearly 100 others directly and indirectly.

This is more than just the players......

We know that you'll do and say anything to justify having college football. We'll all miss it, but there's a bigger picture here.

If you're so worried about sports, contact the idiot governors, mayors, Representatives, senators, and white house to get folks to wear masks, wash their hands, stay home. so we can get this thing under control.

You need lay off the doom scrolling and get out more. But wear a mask of course.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Since the Big 12 really hasn't missed or needed kNU, they can become an independent for all I care. I never want to be in the same league again with them if we don't have to. Arrogance personified is kNU football. Reject them, and it will be karma for them leaving the Big 12.

I would be absolutely disgusted with Big 12 leadership if they bailed Nebraska out.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
People need to slow their boats in both directions.

1 - BigXII is largely just playing a longer wait and see approach. From what I’ve heard there is a pretty even split on if football should be played and the consensus was to wait until early September to see how things are trending. There is going to be more talk of possible bubbles and enhanced monitoring but they are relying on some outside medical professionals as well.

2 - It will be popular talk for a while but I’ve been told there is absolutely no chance of Big Ten teams playing this faI’ll unless they decide to permanently leave the league. Nebraska will make a stink but it’s all bluster.

3 - I’d put odds on Big XII kicking off on Sept 26th at 20%. More than anything, they want to show that they’ve done everything they could to make it possible and only time will tell if it really is.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
People need to slow their boats in both directions.

1 - BigXII is largely just playing a longer wait and see approach. From what I’ve heard there is a pretty even split on if football should be played and the consensus was to wait until early September to see how things are trending. There is going to be more talk of possible bubbles and enhanced monitoring but they are relying on some outside medical professionals as well.

2 - It will be popular talk for a while but I’ve been told there is absolutely no chance of Big Ten teams playing this faI’ll unless they decide to permanently leave the league. Nebraska will make a stink but it’s all bluster.

3 - I’d put odds on Big XII kicking off on Sept 26th at 20%. More than anything, they want to show that they’ve done everything they could to make it possible and only time will tell if it really is.
Any insight on which schools are split? I'm struggling to figure out who is in favor of ending it now, if there is anyone.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
On the plus side, the record high in March for Iowa is 90 degrees.

Well that's the kiss of death, now we're about to see record breaking highs.

Can all those that were rooting for #CFB to not be played please give us at least a single thread where we can read about the topic of the thread?

Those of us that feel that way understand that they are going to be lurking like a troll under the bridge for one of us to give them a crack to shoot thru.
Can you not have a discussion in bad faith?

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to understand that you can agree with the decision to cancel football while not being happy about it. I'm an Iowa State fan and a Wisconsin season ticket holder. I think it was the right call to postpone the season (which we all know means cancelling the season), but why the **** would I be happy about. You must have some idea since you keep on thinking that we're happy about this

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
You might be on to something...

I have been told by a friend in Biology that properly-chosen mushrooms can be transformative. If we are careful, maybe you, Doc and I can revolutionize Cyclone Fanatic.
Magic mushrooms can be fantastic. I would suggest staying home and being around people that you are comfortable with. Maybe have some painting supplies or coloring books, just so you can have a good laugh the next day at what you create.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
IF they suck to their guns on this, does it put any pressure on the Big10 and PAC12 to reconsider? I imagine they're not thrilled at the idea of possibly being a college football afterthought this fall.

I suppose it depends on whose guns and who sucks????

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
Pre-BCS era. Also, let's call it a freight train instead of a pinprick, and we can call the bubble a domino. That's probably more accurate. The problem is the dominoes are too close together, and there are so many of them.

I would agree with both of those updated characterizations.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Also, if things go nuclear in Linclon and they do join the Big 12, if I'm West Virginia's president, I'm looking up ALL my old connections in the Big 10.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Reactions: kcbob79clone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What these presidents are really concerned about is the tuition dollars those 30,000+ students bring to their institutions and the potential for lawsuits from athletes who might come down with COVID. So while these presidents talk about their noble reasons for their decision, there's nothing noble about it - it all comes down to money.

100%. I haven't seen it said better anywhere. Kudos.

Help Support Us

Become a patron