Big 12 Recruiting Rankings

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
It is interesting to note that dline tackle and wide receiver start at 50, the most number of points.

No, you start at 8 points for a DT ranked between 6-50, and 8 points for a reciever between 6-50. You get 8 points for a Qb ranked between 6-25. That's all before the equation. It basically shows that it is hard to scout for the WR and DT positions. They are basically saying that between 6-50 there isn't much difference in talent.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I really don't care about stars or rankings, but I look at what other BCS offers a recruit has. That is a better indicator than any sort of rankings, IMO. I'm very disappointed that we haven't been able to land better DL recruits so far under CPR. It's not as if he and the staff aren't trying, but I was hoping for better results. Until we can upgrade our DL, we'll continue to struggle to win consistently.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I really don't care about stars or rankings, but I look at what other BCS offers a recruit has. That is a better indicator than any sort of rankings, IMO. I'm very disappointed that we haven't been able to land better DL recruits so far under CPR. It's not as if he and the staff aren't trying, but I was hoping for better results. Until we can upgrade our DL, we'll continue to struggle to win consistently.

I don't know, did we lose games this year because of the defense? I don't really think so. The Mizzou game for instance, was a game we should have won based on how the defense played. KSU as well. Maybe Colorado. Our offense has to get better to win. We aren't going to be able to hold everyone under 20 points all of the time, at least not in the short term.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I don't think you can accurately judge how good a recruit is by how many BCS offers he has just like you can't judge how good a recruit is by how many stars he has.

I remember a QB who was a low 3-star kid that had no BCS schools that offered him. He only had 3 scholly offers from non BCS schools 2 of which were Idaho and Eastern Washington. I am pretty sure there are a lot of BCS conference schools that wish they had a QB like him though... (Kellen Moore, QB Boise State)

The BCS conferenece schools miss on kids almost as much as they hit the jackpot.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I don't know, did we lose games this year because of the defense? I don't really think so. The Mizzou game for instance, was a game we should have won based on how the defense played. KSU as well. Maybe Colorado. Our offense has to get better to win. We aren't going to be able to hold everyone under 20 points all of the time, at least not in the short term.
When the offense cannot produce much more than the 2003 squad, you cannot go much lower.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

Yes, the defense has been amazingly stout. But the coaches have done this primarily with McCarney's and Chizik's DL recruits. We used to bring in 4 or 5 DL every year. For whatever reason, Rhoads has only been able to sign 2 or 3 linemen each year and even some of those guys have been greyshirts and other projects. Hopefully there is another Jordan Carstens in there somewhere or this has to catch up with the coaches at some point. Doesn't it?

sogocat

Nov 15, 2009
yaman 3, would have beat K-ST with better DL play, they ran through us like water and could have beat N with better DL play also, they ran over us in last qrt. and ot

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
We are ranked at 54th in the country right now.

I don't really understand how they get the points. When Jantz got upgraded to a 5.6 3 star we scored like 115 points. When Nealy, a 5.7 3 star, committed we got around 100. But with Bundrage who is also a 5.6 3 star, we only got 17 points.

I've also heard that rivals is gonna update some 5/4 star recruits this week. Any chance Nealy gets a lil bump?

Does it matter if he gets a bump? If he gets changed to a 4 star today, does that mean he is a better player today than he was yesterday? Other than its fun to talk about and makes our class look a little better, it really doesnt matter