Best songs that don't get enough attention

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
For years I forgot how much I enjoyed Everclear. I used to listen to their albums on repeat for different stretches.

Also it reminds me of the guy on my dorm floor who would get blackout drunk every single weekend drinking a bucket of Mt Dew and everclear.

Both good times.

I got an Everclear Sparkle and Fade demo CD before it was released and was hooked on it. The CD was even printed with a not for sale tag and came in a pocket folder. The first 8 or 10 songs on that album ******* rock.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Steely Dan's 1973 debut, EDIT: released November 1972, Can't Buy A Thrill is widely regarded as a triumph by critics, if not for the legendarily silly cover art (which stems from who, or what Steely Dan actually is...look it up...).

But my favorite track is the B side of Reelin' In The Years, Only a Fool Would Say That. It's outstanding, and interestingly a dis track on John Lennon.

Anyway, I find it remarkable that we never hear it. We hear and have heard Reelin' In The Years a million times a year on classic rock radio but hardly ever do we hear the brilliant B-Side...

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For years I forgot how much I enjoyed Everclear. I used to listen to their albums on repeat for different stretches.

Also it reminds me of the guy on my dorm floor who would get blackout drunk every single weekend drinking a bucket of Mt Dew and everclear.

Both good times.
I also new dew and everclear guy. He also had an affinity for LSD. Shockingly, I don’t believe he graduated.

NWtornado

Dec 20, 2021
I also new dew and everclear guy. He also had an affinity for LSD. Shockingly, I don’t believe he graduated.
Out in Towers? Around ‘99-00? I thought he graduated….and didn’t do drugs, but I could be wrong.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

Love this song.

This is a great song. Was a much bigger hit over seas as well (for some reason).

Another great early 90s song is Piece of My Heart by Tara Kemp. She had two hits off the album but this one was remixed from the album version. Somehow it's also EXTREMELY hard to find (not on Spotify...only the inferior album version).

Reactions: t-noah

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is a great song. Was a much bigger hit over seas as well (for some reason).

Another great early 90s song is Piece of My Heart by Tara Kemp. She had two hits off the album but this one was remixed from the album version. Somehow it's also EXTREMELY hard to find (not on Spotify...only the inferior album version).

Haven't hear that Tara Kemp song in a long time. Almost has a Kylie Minogue vibe.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Huey Lewis & The News released Plan B in 2001. My wife is a huge fan of his music but I've always been lukewarm. I found the '80s stuff on the radio was always just ok and I never felt inspired to buy his albums. Anyway, my wife bought this when released and I love this album. Great stuff from beginning to end, and for some reason I still can't get into his other work. Anyway, I just randomly chose this song.

This is a better one.

I’ve always been shocked how much I love him singing “Cruisin” in 90s movie Duets with Gwyneth Paltrow of all people. Smokey Robinson original is great but song maybe better as m/f duet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron