Best ISU Tandems in history

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
With Christopherson:

Iowa State - 6 top 9 opponents (5 in conference)

With Grayer

Iowa State - 2 top 9 opponents (0 in conference)

Christopherson stats:

12.6 ppg, 67 3P's made, 2.3 apg, 3 r/g

Grayer stats:

25.3 ppg, 20 3P's made, 2.3 apg, 9 r/g

Christopherson all day. Way tougher opponents, just as good of a passer and much better three point shooter
Please quit posting.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Christopherson damn near beat the best team in the history of NCAA college basketball (Kentucky) and didn't play in the NCAA tournament just for the ribbon.

Grayer: Didn't have a chance to play top 50 team in NCAA college basketball history and lost in first round, likely because they were playing just for a participation ribbon.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Christopherson damn near beat the best team in the history of NCAA college basketball (Kentucky) and didn't play in the NCAA tournament just for the ribbon.

Grayer: Didn't have a chance to play top 50 team in NCAA college basketball history and lost in first round, likely because they were playing just for a participation ribbon.

Would you for the love of god stop? You are trying to say Scott ******* Christopherson is better than Jeff Grayer, the greatest player in ISU history. Shut up.

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field

I just jumped in and did not read this this stuff but you realize that KU and OU played for the national title Grayer's Sr. year? You also probably know that Grayer led ISU to its best road win ever defeating #2 Purdue. Three of the Elite 8 in Grayer's Sr. year came from the Big 8 Conference. Computer is convenient but not reality. Grayer is best ever in the computer and in reality. Love the other guys equally as well.

Hope I'm not missing some conversation that I did not read up on... Carry on if I did.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
LOL at Christopherson and White even being close to Tinsley and Fizer. Tinsley would dribble through Christopherson's legs and Royce would run and tweet about it.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Loren Meyer was Fred's big and that is a great combination (Meyer was a first round pick if I recall correctly).
Fred and Michalik/meyer. Julio us was big and could shoot so stretched defenders. That trio was fun. Thigpen and big vic... was a good one

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
No doubt in my mind these two are the best. Hornacek was amazing (check out his NBA career) and I think Grayer would have had a much better NBA career if he had not hurt his knee (still played the same season he was injured, but was not the same player). It's also great because they were not a one and done.
I was working at a restaurant once and had a long conversation with a Milwaukee truck driver on a cold snowy night when there were no other customers. He told me a lot of people he knew in Milwaukee who actually followed the Bucks thought Grayer had All-Star potential until he hurt his knee.