Best ISU Tandems in history

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Well they are freshman/hs kids and you're comparing them to upperclassmen play. We don't yet have the guard big man combo where they're both first rounders but Fred's last three teams have been deeper in talent than most Floyd/LE teams.
Exactly- let's hold back on saying such unproven guys are or will be a better supporting cast. Like I said, they have a long ways to go to get to that level, as does the Morris-Georges duo. Deeper in talent the last three years than most Floyd/LE teams is not a relevant to my contention. The Fizer-JT duo was only one season that season's depth was better than this year anyways.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I would take Royce White/Scott Christopherson over any combo.

White would school the **** out of Fizer, and Christopherson would just rain threes from half court.

They'd give up a **** ton of points though.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

White would school the **** out of Fizer, and Christopherson would just rain threes from half court.

All due respect to Scotty, the Royce/Scotty tandem would never get a shot off if Tinsley decided they weren't getting a shot off. One of the best defensive pg's we'll ever have.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
All due respect to Scotty, the Royce/Scotty tandem would never get a shot off if Tinsley decided they weren't getting a shot off. One of the best defensive pg's we'll ever have.

Tinsley wouldn't guard Scotty at half court. And if he did, he would just give it to Royce and Royce would FSU

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

[video=youtube;mWEZ38qaeN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEZ38qaeN4[/video]

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Royce White was the best player on the court when we played Kentucky, a team who had 5 future NBAers.

He even said so himself.

Marcus Fizer was the best player on the court in every game he played in his final 2 years. Not knocking on Royce at all, but he would not school Fizer. They would have matched quite well if the went head to head in college.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Marcus Fizer was the best player on the court in every game he played in his final 2 years. Not knocking on Royce at all, but he would not school Fizer. They would have matched quite well if the went head to head in college.

Nah. He woulda schooled him. Fizer would have to resort to hack-a-Royce and foul out.

Then it would be Tinsley vs. The Best Tandem in ISU History, Tinsley would get frustrated, and we all know what happens when Tinsley gets frustrated.

[video=youtube;ZI6OkXntGLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZI6OkXntGLI[/video]

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
No doubt in my mind these two are the best. Hornacek was amazing (check out his NBA career) and I think Grayer would have had a much better NBA career if he had not hurt his knee (still played the same season he was injured, but was not the same player). It's also great because they were not a one and done.

Hornacek and Barry Stevens best G/F combo?

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

Tinsley wouldn't guard Scotty at half court. And if he did, he would just give it to Royce and Royce would FSU

Royce White was the best player on the court when we played Kentucky, a team who had 5 future NBAers.

He even said so himself.

Nah. He woulda schooled him. Fizer would have to resort to hack-a-Royce and foul out.

Then it would be Tinsley vs. The Best Tandem in ISU History, Tinsley would get frustrated, and we all know what happens when Tinsley gets frustrated.

[video=youtube;ZI6OkXntGLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZI6OkXntGLI[/video]

200_s.gif

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
With Christopherson:

Iowa State - 6 top 9 opponents (5 in conference)

With Grayer

Iowa State - 2 top 9 opponents (0 in conference)

Christopherson stats:

12.6 ppg, 67 3P's made, 2.3 apg, 3 r/g

Grayer stats:

25.3 ppg, 20 3P's made, 2.3 apg, 9 r/g

Christopherson all day. Way tougher opponents, just as good of a passer and much better three point shooter

3rdGenCyclone

Feb 21, 2013
Look at Grayers opponents.

Christopherson would make Grayer look like Bluford if Christopherson faced those opponents.

Lol, wut? Been watching the Clones since Johnny first got there and I stilll think Grayer was the best to come through ISU, with Fizer a close second. As great as Royce was, I think those two were much more complete players. I don't think christopherson would make my top 20 Cyclones.

Help Support Us

Become a patron