Ben Bruns KU Game Recap on Iowa Everywhere

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Everyone runs the same defense, and there is nothing that can be done against it. Line played well, there is just nothing that can be done guys. the perfect defense has been found. Unlike every other single team in the country, we lost 2 senior classes, nobody else had that issue. We are the only ones that had that.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
100% this. I tried framing it this way in my Joel Gordon/Tom Manning thread, but didn't articulate it quite like you and got roasted for it.

Didn't see that post. If I had I would have came to your defense. :D

The routes and route level thing has been a major contention of mine for years. Manning is not creative, does not know how to use the entire field, and not know how to design routes that gives his QB options given protection. Its' a set up to fail system/design.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Didn't see that post. If I had I would have came to your defense. :D

The routes and route level thing has been a major contention of mine for years. Manning is not creative, does not know how to use the entire field, and not know how to design routes that gives his QB options given protection. Its' a set up to fail system/design.
You provide such great insight, and I will second in saying I wish I had your write up when I posted in the F.A.R.T thread today about how this is on Manning and co. not simply the players not making plays. I got the whole, "Coaches can't make the plays for them" BS, which yes is a thing. I.e. X dropping that pass on 4th Down needs to just flat out be caught.

However, by a wide margin, this is on Manning and co. for not learning, adjusting and making the tweaks to put these players in the best position to have success. And it's more frustrating because Matt always says it is up to him and his coaches to put these guys in the best position to be successful and win. As you illustrated quite well, Manning is not doing that in so many avenues with his scheme. And Matt too for that matter.

Reactions: clonedude

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Not a fan of this week's podcast - seems like it was rehearsed. I prefer Ben recording it right after the game where it is more raw.
Yeah I felt like after getting a bunch of criticism for last weeks take on a bad loss, Bruns punted this week when presented with another. Not actually being at the game does make a difference though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron