Begging all season ticket holders!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Probably doesn't need to be said, but just in case any season ticket holders on here (or know friends that are), etc., please encourage them to take care of getting their mens' basketball tickets to someone else BEFORE they leave for the bowl game!! I hate that the conference opener is at home already on the 29th, right when many of us will be in Memphis. (Didn't we used to play a cupcake team on New Year's Eve in the past?)
Kansas State is a game we need to win, but with students on break and fans on the bowl trip, it doesn't make much for a home court advantage. PLEASE make sure before you leave for Memphis to either sell your tickets OR give to a friend or neighbor, a basketball team at your local school, or even a charity. Hope those fans left in Iowa will get out to Hilton to support!!!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Oops! Sorry ....just scrolled down and saw there was a thread started earlier about someone wanting to buy tickets. Could have put my post there. Carry on.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I will take 5 tickets from anyone willing to give them up. Great family Christmas present

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m all for giving up my tickets but the last two postings I’ve had in the exchange was for someone to drop a 20 in a red kettle, and for someone to donate 50 to Blanks.
It sure would be nice if those that want the tickets can pass it along and not just be looking to score some freebies from people that have already paid for tickets.

And I’ve had zero hits on both posts.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I’m all for giving up my tickets but the last two postings I’ve had in the exchange was for someone to drop a 20 in a red kettle, and for someone to donate 50 to Blanks.
It sure would be nice if those that want the tickets can pass it along and not just be looking to score some freebies from people that have already paid for tickets.

And I’ve had zero hits on both posts.

Sorry to hear that. In this case, tho. many of the people on the exchange may already have tickets. Or others don't even know about the exchange. I'm suggesting that fans need to get out and talk to their neighbors, their school personel, business people, and/or find 10-18 yr olds that never get to go to a major college basketball game. Won't be any school activities because of break.

Reactions: pulse

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sorry to hear that. In this case, tho. many of the people on the exchange may already have tickets. Or others don't even know about the exchange. I'm suggesting that fans need to get out and talk to their neighbors, their school personel, business people, and/or find 10-18 yr olds that never get to go to a major college basketball game. Won't be any school activities because of break.
Oh, I get that but there are a lot of people "waiting" on free tickets on here.

cloneforlife

Jan 12, 2017
I am looking to buy 4 tickets to this game. I posted on the ticket exchange but got no interest. I have been too late for a couple tickets as well so far.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
if you can't sell tickets the choices are give them (for free) to another cyclone fan so there are butts in the seats or the seats go empty.

In either case you're out the money but one options helps the team.
In my cases, I'm not even selling them. I'm just asking for the person that wants them to do some good and pass it along as well and that has had zero hits so far.
I've never stubhubbed my tickets but I'm considering doing it and then giving that money away.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I've offered tickets free here and in person and not had a bite.
I think people are waiting to be paid to take tickets at this point. I don't make much effort anymore.
Part of it I think it's just the time of year.. I give my tickets away when I'm not going, and December is always a crap shoot if I'll get any takers.. only been a few years that wasn't the case

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Part of it I think it's just the time of year.. I give my tickets away when I'm not going, and December is always a crap shoot if I'll get any takers.. only been a few years that wasn't the case

That probably plays into it. It's more of a "no-Fred" thing.
We have a great coach, but people aren't as obsessed without Fred. That's not Steve's fault, because he's done everything right, but it's real.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
That probably plays into it. It's more of a "no-Fred" thing.
We have a great coach, but people aren't as obsessed without Fred. That's not Steve's fault, because he's done everything right, but it's real.
If he was somehow just..I don’t know....more dreamy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

This. Lots of stuff going on with holiday and families especially those who aren't planning around already owning season tickets.

SoMinnclone

Apr 1, 2010
If you are going to sell your tickets go through the Iowa State ticket exchange. You set the price but Iowa State gets a 10 percent cut. We have had pretty good success at selling our MBB tickets when we are not able to attend.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Don't give up. Iowa high school basketball teams practice, most likely on the 29th and/or 30th. Contact a school's coach and have him offer to take any kids on his/her team to the game. Bet you'd get some takers.

Reactions: ComCY