Beer at Knapp center

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI also sells beer in the McLeod Center although you can't take it to your seat. They've turned the East Side upper level into a Party Deck. and it works well.

It's getting really close for Iowa State. I hope.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
UNI also sells beer in the McLeod Center although you can't take it to your seat. They've turned the East Side upper level into a Party Deck. and it works well.

It's getting really close for Iowa State. I hope.
Don’t they sell beer at Johnny’s in Hilton? I guess the main difference between that and at the McLeod is you have to be a pretty big donor to get into Johnny’s.

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
Don’t they sell beer at Johnny’s in Hilton? I guess the main difference between that and at the McLeod is you have to be a pretty big donor to get into Johnny’s.
Exactly that is why keith said that. And at Jack Trice you have to be high $ seats to drink too

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Keith taking a shot at ISU with his " Not just in high donor seats"
He's not taking a shot exclusively at ISU. He didn't call them out directly. There are other schools that do that too, including Iowa. I wish he would have called out ISU specifically though. It's dumb.

Reactions: ianoconnor

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure it's necessarily a shot at ISU. Doesn't Iowa (& most other P5 universities) do the same thing?
Yeah, I would say every school that has suites and/or club sections that doesn’t sell alcohol to the general public, do the same as ISU.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anyone else seeing big text in embedded tweets on mobile? Can’t read what was twatted.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
As a long-time season ticket holder for Drake BB, I welcome the change. It will never be Hilton, but they need to have something to draw in younger fans. Too many older guys like me in there.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Will they have cheap beer Fridays like Bucs Arena???
Ah.......those special friday evenings where you take the family to see a fight and a hockey game breaks out. That would be priceless at the Knapp. I might even give good money to see the scrapping going on in the stands while boredom breaks out on the court.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ah.......those special friday evenings where you take the family to see a fight and a hockey game breaks out. That would be priceless at the Knapp. I might even give good money to see the scrapping going on in the stands while boredom breaks out on the court.

The best part about buck beer night was watching people buy four beers at a time and trying to navigate the incredibly tight bleachers to get back to their seat without spilling.

Actually the best part was the cheap beer and the fights. But that was 3rd best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron