Beebe's latest statements

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Beebe's latest statement via ESPN

"The Big 12 Conference has been informed that the University of Colorado has accepted an invitation to join the Pacific-10 Conference. I continue to work through the process that was agreed upon last week by our Board of Directors to address membership issues, and are working tirelessly towards the long-term viability of the Big 12."

umm long term viability of the Big-12?

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids

"The Big 12 Conference has been informed that the University of Colorado has accepted an invitation to join the Pacific-10 Conference. I continue to work through the process that was agreed upon last week by our Board of Directors to address membership issues, and are working tirelessly towards the long-term viability of the Big 12."

Merge?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I honestly really don't care what Beebe has to say for himself unless it sounds something along the lines of "I've resigned effective yesterday" or "I have been terminated and former ISU AD Jamie Pollard will be assuming my duties effective immediately" or "12:00 tomorrow afternoon my executioners will be walking me to the guillotines"...

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The only consolation for some of us is probably when Big XII dissolves, he's going to lose his job

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Beebe has shown and continues to show that he doesn't have a clue what is going on outside of Texas.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
infominister.jpeg

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

Yeah! There is hope! Our leader said so!

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Texas lets Chris Brown know more than the BigXII commissioner. What in the Eff does that tell you?

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

Texted from a pool in Palm Springs with a cellular phone in one hand and a Pina Colada with an umbrella in the other. It's hard, hard work.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
Why would Texas and the rest of the conference not hold off and force Colorado and Nebraska to pay the buy out money? It's not like the Pac 10 offer won't be on the table a year from now....Is $1.8 million per team not enough to think that way, just for the principle of making them pay it. Whether it comes from Colorado and Nebraska, or the Pac 10 and Big 10, who cares, take the money and worry about the rest a year from now.

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
Why would Texas and the rest of the conference not hold off and force Colorado and Nebraska to pay the buy out money? It's not like the Pac 10 offer won't be on the table a year from now....Is $1.8 million per team not enough to think that way, just for the principle of making them pay it. Whether it comes from Colorado and Nebraska, or the Pac 10 and Big 10, who cares, take the money and worry about the rest a year from now.

Because Texas would rather jump ship a year earlier and start making 20+ million sooner rather than later.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron