Beard to Texas

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Rodney Terry, the head coach at UTEP the past three seasons and a former Texas assistant coach under Rick Barnes, will be returning to Austin to join Chris Beard's staff, sources close to the situation told Horns247.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Rodney Terry, the head coach at UTEP the past three seasons and a former Texas assistant coach under Rick Barnes, will be returning to Austin to join Chris Beard's staff, sources close to the situation told Horns247.

I don't love a head coach leaving his job to be an assistant. By that I mean: he is probably going to be a hell of a good assistant, Beard is going to have a seriously good staff, and maybe Texas really will get top 10 good in basketball for real.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
At this point the best we could hope for long term is 4th place behind KU, Texas, and Baylor. Clear cut top 3. (And that’s being insanely optimistic based on who our current coach is compared to the rest of the conference)

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Howard has been slack his last few years at KU so I won't miss him. He got a fat pay raise to go to Texas, same as S&C coach Andrea Hudy last year.

I hope Kansas reaches out to Aaron Miles to fill the position on a permanent basis.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

"Texas Tech is going to make a lot of money that night,” Beard said Monday on the College Hoops Today Podcast. “But you know me — I’m where my feet are. I’m trying to win today. But I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: Nobody respects Texas Tech more than me.”

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

"Texas Tech is going to make a lot of money that night,” Beard said Monday on the College Hoops Today Podcast. “But you know me — I’m where my feet are. I’m trying to win today. But I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: Nobody respects Texas Tech more than me.”

So Beard still likes Tech, he just doesn't like like them anymore. Makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: farm85

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

They are so butt hurt...

I still think Art Briles is the guy for Tech Football and your legacy will be set with several Championships and a model program of showcasing how to run it the right way,” one Texas Tech fan wrote to Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt,

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I still think Art Briles is the guy for Tech Football and your legacy will be set with several Championships and a model program of showcasing how to run it the right way,” one Texas Tech fan wrote to Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt,
I read that three times to make sure that I read it right. What about what happened under Briles at Baylor showcased "how to run it the right way"?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I read that three times to make sure that I read it right. What about what happened under Briles at Baylor showcased "how to run it the right way"?

50-15 over his last 5 years there, that's how you run it the right way.

• Angry
Reactions: VeloClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Isn't Briles in prison for trying a murder-for-hire against Carol ******* Baskins and various wildlife crimes?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't love a head coach leaving his job to be an assistant. By that I mean: he is probably going to be a hell of a good assistant, Beard is going to have a seriously good staff, and maybe Texas really will get top 10 good in basketball for real.
While its entirely possible, the sports in which UT dominates are the ones where they fill out the staff in fantastic fashion and the boosters and AD leave them alone. Beard will unfortunately be in the second highest profile coaching position at the school. All the above will have their hands in it. UT is their own worst enemy in mens football and basketball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron