BDJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Don't know what's going on but there were definitely some moments in the K-State game where I wondered why BDJ wasn't getting put in for Hogue. Baylor->@KSU was probably the worst 2 game stretch of Hogue's Iowa State career.

Edit: Just looked and Hogue's had 14 TO's in the past 3 games. Ugg.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I don't think it is so much quality of play as it is type of play. BDJ is a good player, but even his biggest fan would be hard-pressed to say he doesn't hurt our offensive flow at times. It would have been a big gamble to put him in with as well as we were flowing offensively.

Thomas and Nader played. That is all you need to know about concerns with hurting flow. We went streetball the entire second half.
More likely it was due to free lancing on defense IMO. Thst has been a problem this year for a majority of the team. Can't go under screens on Held.

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
I've heard from a source close to the situation that Bryce wouldn't go into the locker room the other night at half because he was p*ssed about playing time, guys had to pull him in, Hoiberg saw it and benched him the rest of the game.

Honestly, I could care less if he plays another minute for ISU. His game is off right now, he plays fairly selfishly most of the times, and his attitude sucks most of the year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I've heard from a source close to the situation that Bryce wouldn't go into the locker room the other night at half because he was p*ssed about playing time, guys had to pull him in, Hoiberg saw it and benched him the rest of the game.

Honestly, I could care less if he plays another minute for ISU. His game is off right now, he plays fairly selfishly most of the times, and his attitude sucks most of the year.

May be true, but given your post history I'll take this with a grain of salt. You are a known BDJ hater.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

He played 8 mins in the first half. That is pretty much the amount of mins he has been getting in a half the last few games.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I do not know if one person could be more correct in one post.

You never know what you are going to get. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes plays defense, sometimes rebounds. Coaches hate that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Whatever the reason is I assumed it was attitude and not health because McKay walked out the tunnel with his arm around Bryce the whole way to the scorers table at halftime. It also looked like Jameel was doing all of the talking.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Ah yeah, now is not the time to have any head case issues surface.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I feel bad for BDJ, he came here hoping for the same success that Kane, White and other transfers had. He thought this was his ticket to the NBA, only a few weeks ago - NBAdraft.net had him projected as an early 2nd round pick. Now he is to the point of not playing - he started off handling 6th man role pretty well, but now I think the lack of success is wearing on him.

Hopefully he can pull it together for the next 4 weeks and showcase his skills as part of a Final 4 team. For this team to make a run, it will need to be 8 guys contributing on all cylinders.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I feel bad for BDJ, he came here hoping for the same success that Kane, White and other transfers had.

I've been a defender of him around my friends but hasn't his attitude played a big chunk in it?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I feel bad for BDJ, he came here hoping for the same success that Kane, White and other transfers had. He thought this was his ticket to the NBA, only a few weeks ago - NBAdraft.net had him projected as an early 2nd round pick. Now he is to the point of not playing - he started off handling 6th man role pretty well, but now I think the lack of success is wearing on him.

Hopefully he can pull it together for the next 4 weeks and showcase his skills as part of a Final 4 team. For this team to make a run, it will need to be 8 guys contributing on all cylinders.

Matt A did him no favors preseason talking him up as being even better than Kane, I think that gave some fans unrealistic expectations for him and when he unsurprisingly didn't live up to those expectations he became a favorite whipping boy for those fans.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

It may be true and it may not be true. Either way I don't blame him for being ******. I would be ****** to. Go from starting to 6th man to barely playing all the while the "main guys" get away with stupid turnovers and lazy defense, but you are the one singled out. And then to top it off getting punked like that on Sr night would have put me over the top.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
I am confident that Fred was honest with him as to what his role would be with this team, if he's disappointed I can understand, but he needs to improve the bench attitude and play his part.

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013
I have no inside knowledge of the situation but the way people interpret his body language may not be correct. Most of us have played sports with people that were not cheerleaders when playing. Those people simply put their head down and play the game. I do not fault anyone for having that personality. I love Naz and his personality, however, a person cannot fault BDJ a bit because he does not outwardly show that same emotion. Not everyone is designed to have that personality, it doesn't mean they don't feel the same way on the inside.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
It may be true and it may not be true. Either way I don't blame him for being ******. I would be ****** to. Go from starting to 6th man to barely playing all the while the "main guys" get away with stupid turnovers and lazy defense, but you are the one singled out. And then to top it off getting punked like that on Sr night would have put me over the top.

Aaaaand that's the attitude that earns you bench time.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

I'm okay with Fred going with what was working (which resulted in the biggest comeback in school history) over trying to make a senior happy.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I have no inside knowledge of the situation but the way people interpret his body language may not be correct. Most of us have played sports with people that were not cheerleaders when playing. Those people simply put their head down and play the game. I do not fault anyone for having that personality. I love Naz and his personality, however, a person cannot fault BDJ a bit because he does not outwardly show that same emotion. Not everyone is designed to have that personality, it doesn't mean they don't feel the same way on the inside.

Some of the people I work out with daily do just that. It doesn't indicate that they aren't working hard or lack motivation. They just carry themselves differently.

Some people are just quiet in their mannerisms, and people take that all sorts of ways. For Bryce, who never really got a solid Cyclone welcome, they tend to take it as aloof and disinterested, even when he does things to show otherwise.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Don't play hero ball, pretty simple stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron