Baylor's new tarp

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Waco is just full of good old fashioned tarp lovin' people. If man can't love god, his country and a classy looking tarp, what's the sense of livin.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
[video=youtube;KebxgeyoT6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebxgeyoT6k[/video]
That was a pretty neat video. Got to admit, Baylor has really stepped up their game- it's easy to step it up when it was so low to begin with. That new stadium and tailgating looks like a fun atmosphere to be around on gameday- at least right now while they are doing so well.
On the broadcast last week FS1 announcers were talking about how when Baylor had recruits in they wouldn't even take them to the stadium to visit it and show where they would play since it was such a dump, unless they were playing of course. They have something to be proud of now for sure.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
has a mole....but I'd still bang her in a heartbeat.

cise1358.gif

FIFY to match the essence of Waco.

barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So JustHappy2BeHere "spam-repped" me to say something along the lines of "Did you think of that post all by yourself?" (in reference to one of my tarp comments) Of course I didn't think of it all by myself - posts about Waco, Baylor, tarps, and their toilet bowl-shaped stadium just write themselves.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
So what happens when that river floods?

this part of the Brazos is, effectively, a lake. The water level fluctuates very little and water flow is relatively slow.

Downtown Waco and Cameron Park have been on the river for 100 years. Since they dammed it decades ago, the problems with flooding and erosion have basically been brought to a complete halt.

The stadium is higher than portrayed in many of these aerials. It's got to be a solid 30-40' above lake level, which is quite a bit for a lake that is held at constant level.

if it did happen the law school directly across the river from the stadium would be a bigger concern

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
so how many years of sellouts will cause the tarp jokes to end?

the entire 2014 season is sold out. yet tarp jokes continue

Congrats, one year, you did it! Baylor does it to themselves. Once the shine wears off that nice toilet bowl looking stadium, I'm willing to vet they come back out!

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Congrats, one year, you did it! Baylor does it to themselves. Once the shine wears off that nice toilet bowl looking stadium, I'm willing to vet they come back out!

you guys aren't the worst offenders by far.... OSU's AD put out a press release that said Baylor sent back 1000+ tickets for the game last year in Stillwater... of course those tickets were sent back the end of June that summer, yet the press release came out in November... it led to many Tarp jokes from Okie Lite... yet the only game OSU has sold out at home since the BPS renovation is the Baylor game that year...

If you came to Waco ever in your life before McLane Stadium, come back next year.... things have changed.... and come to the tailgate, I promise you will be treated well even in Clone gear...hell, especially in Clone Gear

Go Big XII

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
you guys aren't the worst offenders by far.... OSU's AD put out a press release that said Baylor sent back 1000+ tickets for the game last year in Stillwater... of course those tickets were sent back the end of June that summer, yet the press release came out in November... it led to many Tarp jokes from Okie Lite... yet the only game OSU has sold out at home since the BPS renovation is the Baylor game that year...

If you came to Waco ever in your life before McLane Stadium, come back next year.... things have changed.... and come to the tailgate, I promise you will be treated well even in Clone gear...hell, especially in Clone Gear

Go Big XII

So your claiming Baylor is the reason OSU sold out their only game? Guessing that was for the hype of the game not any fans that made the trip.

Seriously, you brought 5 fans to the freaking Big 12 championship game in KC and NDSU will bring 3500 more to Ames this year than you will.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
So your claiming Baylor is the reason OSU sold out their only game? Guessing that was for the hype of the game not any fans that made the trip.

Seriously, you brought 5 fans to the freaking Big 12 championship game in KC and NDSU will bring 3500 more to Ames this year than you will.

I'm saying they had NEVER sold out a home game before yet made Tarp jokes.

We are a small private school who does not benefit from any T-Shirt fans.... We finally have a stadium that is 1) on campus 2) beautiful 3) safe area of town 4) absolutely one of the most beautiful settings in the NCAA. If Briles continues to produce teams that excel, as he has the last 4 years, then the expansion to 55,000, which will take all of 1 off-season, will happen.

bottom line is Tarp jokes are so 2012.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'm saying they had NEVER sold out a home game before yet made Tarp jokes.

We are a small private school who does not benefit from any T-Shirt fans.... We finally have a stadium that is 1) on campus 2) beautiful 3) safe area of town 4) absolutely one of the most beautiful settings in the NCAA. If Briles continues to produce teams that excel, as he has the last 4 years, then the expansion to 55,000, which will take all of 1 off-season, will happen.

bottom line is Tarp jokes are so 2012.

no, no, not when you use fake brick tarp even if it's only for this season. We can still make tarp jokes. Especially when you cut down capacity at your fancy, nice, toilet bowl stadium.

Help Support Us

Become a patron