*** Baylor vs Sparty Cotton Game Thread ***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This win really helps out the selection committee, Ohio St beat MSU by double digits on the road, and now MSU has beat the only team that beat TCU.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
While I'm still laughing at this, I don't know how that's not an illegal hit penalty. Michigan St player left his feet and hit him in the head.

Anyway, :twitcy:

Nobody cares about kickers once the ball has been touched. Well, until they get absolutely blasted, and by then...it's just funny.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
41-21 going into the 4th quarter. What a choke job. Miracle quarter for Michigan St.

Baylor is the better team, but like they have shown during conference play, they lack the killer instinct.

Reactions: CyBobby

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It's a 13 point coasting win if they don't grab a freaking facemask...let alone all the other miscues.

That's not what happened though. They missed FG's, dropped the onside, couldn't convert when they needed. The fact remains that the B12 plays a fast but soft brand of football. TCU is the exception. They can surprise non-conference teams in September with our speed, but by December/January you really need some defense to win.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
A fitting end. Bryce will get to live the rest of his life knowing his last 3 collegiate plays went sack, sack, pick.

Yeah when he makes millions in the NFL, I am sure this will keep him up at night.

Notice I called out collegiate play and didn't mention the pros.

Notice how you said he's going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. Personally, I agree with hos and I think this will be the last thing on his mind when he's making NFL $$$.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Baylor let up a little bit, and it cost them.

How important was that block in the back call on Baylor's INT return for the TD.... wow. And they didn't even need to do it, it wouldn't have mattered. If Baylor scores that TD, I think there's a decent chance they blow MSU out of the water. Instead, MSU makes the comeback.

Baylor did nearly everything wrong, and MSU got every break possible in that 4th qtr though. If TCU was up 41-17 on MSU, I think they end up winning by 30 or 40 pts because they are a LOT tougher minded team and better coached IMO.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This win really helps out the selection committee, Ohio St beat MSU by double digits on the road, and now MSU has beat the only team that beat TCU.

Do they have to consider Ole Miss vs Alabama and Ole Miss vs TCU? Or TCU vs Minn and OSU vs Minn?

It certainly helps them out with Baylor. Nothing short of Ohio State having two dominating wins will help them with TCU...even then Alabama's performance would look worse than TCU's season in that scenario.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
B12 needs a league championship game. BU folded like a wet noodle.

The B12 needs to start playing defense again. We have been really bad in bowl games since abandoning that side of the ball.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Notice how you said he's going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. Personally, I agree with hos and I think this will be the last thing on his mind when he's making NFL $$$.

Reminds me of our meltdown against WVU couple years ago.....the Chickasaw native had a tough ending....

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Do you really think Petty's going to have that great of an NFL career? He's got "system quarterback" written all over him. Maybe he can aspire to be the next Brandon Weeden?

Reactions: CyBobby

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
BU really folded up at the end there. Their OL was worst than ISU at the end or the game. That last kick never had a chance, even if it hadn't been blocked.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

You don't think guys look back to their collegiate careers with at least a small amount of regret for their shortcomings at that level even if they have success in the pros? I would strongly disagree with that.

Although Bryce will get drafted and get a good first contract, I'm not sure he'll have a whole lot of success there. I see his pro career going kind of like Chase Daniel's.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The B12 needs to start playing defense again. We have been really bad in bowl games since abandoning that side of the ball.

We had a team with a dominant defense. They were left out for a team that couldn't beat Va Tech at home.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Do they have to consider Ole Miss vs Alabama and Ole Miss vs TCU? Or TCU vs Minn and OSU vs Minn?

It certainly helps them out with Baylor. Nothing short of Ohio State having two dominating wins will help them with TCU...even then Alabama's performance would look worse than TCU's season in that scenario.

Sure, as well as TCU vs Kansas, and TCU vs West Virginia and Alabama vs West Virgina. All of these teams resumes are extremely close, and OSU and Alabama were conference champs which the committee had said they would use as a factor and TCU was from a conference that couldn't pick "one true champion".

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Do you really think Petty's going to have that great of an NFL career? He's got "system quarterback" written all over him. Maybe he can aspire to be the next Brandon Weeden?

Do you honestly think he cares what anybody think about him when he makes $1 million a year for holding a clipboard? Do you honestly think he cares about what happened in Ames in 2011?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron