Barnes to Make Early Decision

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I don't know what he'll do, but I love to think about the option of watching him playing his home games in Hilton. Would there even be single-game tickets available?

I'll sign up for five season tickets as soon as I hear he is playing for Iowa State. He would be a great way to get my kids excited about basketball. They could become fans of his at ISU and then he would be their favorite NBA player and role model for the next ten years or so after that. Am I getting a little ahead of myself? It's OK to dream right? Please come to Iowa State, Harrison.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're getting ahead of yourself unless you don't have any kids yet.....by the way, I hope you already have a wife.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I actually agree with alot of this, but HB will visit Duke last. UNC will lose ground...
Hey kg, if he would happen to choose ISU this fall. Any chance at all that he graduates early and joins Brackins and company this December? I think if he was going to choose ISU that option would be very appealing to him. He would have a chance to play with Brackins, and a shot to potentially making a deep run in NCAA tourney in year one at ISU.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Hey kg, if he would happen to choose ISU this fall. Any chance at all that he graduates early and joins Brackins and company this December? I think if he was going to choose ISU that option would be very appealing to him. He would have a chance to play with Brackins, and a shot to potentially making a deep run in NCAA tourney in year one at ISU.

Doubtful...

Maybe if he walked on...still don't see it happening.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
heres how i see it.. he has a list.. everyone on that list has a chance.. lets just hope he picks us.. and the best of luck where ever he ends up

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

Is that even possible? I've never heard of this happening before.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

HB would never abandon his Ames High teammates to go to any college. The team wants to defend their state title.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Doubtful...

Maybe if he walked on...still don't see it happening.

Based on the schollie numbers, he would have to walkon and assuming he is living at home, that wouldn't be a big deal through the 2010 Spring Semester (he will have no trouble paying off any student loans).

Pros and cons for him leaving early to play at ISU (assuming he could graduate at mid-term). The biggest con for him staying at AHS is the lack of competition for him and the lack of opportunity to develop his game even moreso this season. Playing for ISU would enhance his development significantly. With a state title already in the bag, does the liklihood of a repeat outweight the benefits of playing on a likely contender at ISU with Brackins and Gilstrap and further developing his game for the pros? Also, due to the NBA Draft rules, he would have to play at least two seasons at ISU and that would permit him to acquire more college credits at ISU prior to likely declaring for the Draft in Spring 2011.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Our Business School Dean just wants one shot. Even if it's for one year. He just wants a shot.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
For some weird, unexplainable reason, I like our chances. Don't let me down HB (and yes, I expect the idea of letting me down to factor into your decision!)

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Just jumping into this thread so sorry if it's already been discussed, but I don't think Barnes signing early is much of a game-changer. Like what was beat into our heads when he narrowed his list to 6 (or 5+1 as some put it), we need to take the kid at his word. I take this to mean Barnes thought the process was going to take a lot more time, but sees that his unofficial visits really helped in his decision process and it might not take as much time as he thought...which is pretty much what he said.

I hope he comes to ISU like everyone else here does, but I will say I will pull for him wherever he goes. Being from Iowa Falls, we went through a situation somewhat similar to this with Nick Collison. When Nick chose Kansas I was disappointed it wasn't ISU and I HATED Kansas, but I still pulled for him. Every time KU and ISU played, I wanted Nick to go off for 40 but ISU to win. Same thing will be true for Harrison if he goes somewhere else and ends up playing ISU. He sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders and he will make Iowans proud regardless of where he plays his collegiate basketball.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
if HB comes to iowa state next year, would we be in on some recruits next year with HB that we would have no shot at without him?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron