Barnes to Make Early Decision

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
I believe it will be either UNC or ISU, I also think he's already decided but is going through all of the motions of recruiting like he said he was. If he's one year UNC gives him the best shot. His pro career will have nothing to do with where he goes to school, in fact ISU may provide the better place to shine.

I know I'm drinking the kool-aid.............but I'm a Cyclone!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think a quicker commitment is better for ISU, if ISU is indeed still in the game, and I have no reason to believe that they're not. I'm hopeful that he at least waits until ISU hits the floor this year for several games, so that he can see the potential down the road.

I think he's seen all of the guys we have, so he knows the potential by this point.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I believe it will be either UNC or ISU, I also think he's already decided but is going through all of the motions of recruiting like he said he was. If he's one year UNC gives him the best shot. His pro career will have nothing to do with where he goes to school, in fact ISU may provide the better place to shine.

I know I'm drinking the kool-aid.............but I'm a Cyclone!

If the NBA can find Scottie Pippen at Central Arkansas, and John Starks wherever he was, they can find Harrison Barnes at ISU.

I'm a homer. I'll believe we have a shot unless he says we don't.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
If the NBA can find Scottie Pippen at Central Arkansas, and John Starks wherever he was, they can find Harrison Barnes at ISU.

I'm a homer. I'll believe we have a shot unless he says we don't.
Someone with a whole lot of computer savy and the time should put together a list of NBA greats and where they went to college. Even some of the old timers.

If they could find French Lick Indiana they can find Ames Iowa!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
all i know is there is a million reasons to stay and a million to go. Id say if anything it should be between ISU and UNC....if they know how good he is in ames in high school then with the squad we will have come his freshman year then we have a shot at the final four/national championship if we have him. Anyone who says different is just a hater so competing for a national title and playing in big games when he is here such as Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma on abc we have just as much on that level as UNC...the history is the difference

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I talked to a pretty good Duke source this morning (I actually called about his interest in the Army job, his alma mater). He told me that the Duke staff feels they are running third in a two horse race when it comes to Barnes and the lead two are pulling away...

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
well hopefully thats UNC and ISU like ive been suspecting all along. Just because ISU has been down lately doesnt mean there hasnt been a strong tradition of really good basketball teams. A player like barnes can take them to a whole new level and put them to the national championship contender status. Cross your fingers guys!!!!!!!!! Yes rdubbs you are right UNC vs Duke is HUGE.....but my point was we have big games too when ISU has a good squad that will put him in the national spotlight too and case in point would be the ISU vs Kansas last year and what that did for brackins on a national level

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneErik

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sometime I'd love to see a stat on the sheer number of posts related to Barnes on this board. It would be staggering I'm sure.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I talked to a pretty good Duke source this morning (I actually called about his interest in the Army job, his alma mater). He told me that the Duke staff feels they are running third in a two horse race when it comes to Barnes and the lead two are pulling away...

I actually agree with alot of this, but HB will visit Duke last. UNC will lose ground...

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Sometime I'd love to see a stat on the sheer number of posts related to Barnes on this board. It would be staggering I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure its worse at Duke. That fan base will be on suicide watch if Barnes doesn't go there.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
To those who keep bugging anyone who thinks ISU still has a chance:

Just because we think we 'are still in the race' does not mean we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Thinking we are in the race does not mean thinking he's 100% going to ISU.

There are maybe 3 people on this board that are 'certain' he comes to ISU... so anybody who comes back with a 'told you so post'... get over yourselves because hardly anyone here thinks ISU is the final answer. Most of us are just saying, "we're not out of it".

I hope HB chooses ISU so I can support him as he displays his talent on the court. If he doesn't, I can understand and I'll be bummed... but I get bummed whenever we don't get a commit that we wanted.

Again... to those of you I referenced... you're just taking the easy road... odds are officially 1 in 6. So you're likely to be right he doesn't choose ISU. You get to brag... good for you. Say he does choose ISU, you also win because we got HB and it's not going to be too tough to eat crow if that happens.

Reactions: TedKumsher

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Here's the thing, ISU has been after him for years now and he's basically had all the access possible to this team so him visiting ISU last is really not ammounting to much because he's seen more of our program than any of the others. What else could they possibly do on a visit that he hasn't already seen or done? He sits courtside at home games, has full access to the team, friends with players on the team, you name it.

I sure would be excited if he chooses ISU but I don't have high hopes that he will.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
I think it will be UNC. I still think ISU stands a chance, but I think if he chooses ISU then ISU has been his choice all along.

Cheer4Lyfe

Apr 28, 2009
Ames! For LYFE!
I really hope he comes here, but like basically everyone has mentioned, no one really knows. No one should be saying "Oh, he's definitely not coming here" or "I bet he'll come here" until one or the other actually happens. Don't make people feel bad for hoping he comes here.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
It seems like so many people think that there just two options for Barnes. Either he's going to ISU and he's just having fun, or he's already eliminated ISU and he's just keeping them on the list to make the locals happy. No one seems to think that ISU's still in the running for a decision that he has yet to make.

I think he still hasn't decided. He moved up the signing date because he got all his official visits scheduled to his liking. I think his reasoning for waiting until spring was so that he had some flexibility to schedule visits when he wanted them. Now that he's got them all schedule, he doesn't need that flexibility.

If ISU was eliminated, why not just reference his unofficial visit for the Iowa game?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I think it will be UNC. I still think ISU stands a chance, but I think if he chooses ISU then ISU has been his choice all along.

This is what I believe. I think he has left it up to other programs proving they are a better option than what he has in his backyard. I believe he is finding he can have everything he wants to achieve without leaving Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron