Barkley Hill, the Next Brandon Wegher?

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
Remember Barkley Hill; the Cedar Falls Parade All Americanwho had been committed to Iowa State for nearly nine months and then switched to Iowa?

He earned a list of awards as long as your arm: ESPN Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior . . . named Offensive Player of the Year by the Cedar Rapids Gazette . . . candidate for 2011 Ed Thomas Award . . .named first team running back on Des Moines Register Elite all-state team as junior and senior . . . first team all-state by Iowa Newspaper Association as a junior and senior . . . Class 4A all-state team captain as a senior.

Marc Morehouse, C.R. Gazette, called him tailor-made for Iowa’s offense. Last August, KWWL stated that Hill was healthy and ready to battle for playing time.

From the best I can tell, after nearly 2 years, he has movedup to 6[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Iowa R.B. depth chart behind Weisman, Bullock, Canzeri, Daniels,and Malloy. Ten people have recorder a rushing statistic for the Hawkeyes this year; Hill is not one of them.

If you can add to a discussion on why High School All Americans don’t always produce in college, please post. If you have an urge to highjack this post for your own mean spirited agenda, please go elsewhere.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
If you would like to move this post to the rivals forum, please do.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Why do I care about the Hawks again? I can tell you for one that ACL tears sometimes slow development. But if posting this makes you feel better, by all means keep it up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I do know one thing, being a Parade All-American does not make you an All-American

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
The only comparison I see between Brandon Wegher and Barkley Hill are that they have been a member of the University of Iowa football team. Their situation have literally nothing in common. You're a complete idiot.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Brandon Wegher actually saw the field and he was pretty good (hate on me but he tore Iowa State apart that one game). Wegher knocked up a few women and couldn't handle playing big time college football, at least the responsibilities that come with it (having good judgement outside the field) at least according to some friends I know that knew him while at Iowa.

Hill is still only in his second year and he tore his ACL. Most freshman RB's don't come in right away and become awesome players. Canzeri, Weisman and Bullock are all fine RB's for Iowa. LeShon Daniels also looks like he will be solid. Theres a chance he might not see the field until he is a senior and even then its iffy. Tearing his ACL before his first year probably really screwed his development too. While other freshman are learning the speed of the game and building strength, Hill was doing rehab and trying to regain the strength he had coming in, yet alone get up to college speed.

Also, the situations are completely different. If Wegher didn't make a few poor decisions I doubt he would of ever left Iowa. He was a very talented RB.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Please explain Barkley's situation.

Hill tore his ACL and has yet to see the field because of it. Wegher was a head case that was productive when he was on the field. He did not get injured, just left the team/school.

As RoseBowl spelled it out, the only comparison was that they both happened to play RB at Iowa.

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
Brandon Wegher actually saw the field and he was pretty good (hate on me but he tore Iowa State apart that one game). Wegher knocked up a few women and couldn't handle playing big time college football, at least the responsibilities that come with it (having good judgement outside the field) at least according to some friends I know that knew him while at Iowa.

Hill is still only in his second year and he tore his ACL. Most freshman RB's don't come in right away and become awesome players. Canzeri, Weisman and Bullock are all fine RB's for Iowa. LeShon Daniels also looks like he will be solid. Theres a chance he might not see the field until he is a senior and even then its iffy. Tearing his ACL before his first year probably really screwed his development too. While other freshman are learning the speed of the game and building strength, Hill was doing rehab and trying to regain the strength he had coming in, yet alone get up to college speed.

Also, the situations are completely different. If Wegher didn't make a few poor decisions I doubt he would of ever left Iowa. He was a very talented RB.

Thanks for an intelligent response, there are few on herethat can do that.
I have heard, second hand, that the ACL is not the issue. Thisgoes to the question of is he a recruiting miss. If so, how could so manypeople have been wrong? We wanted him,Iowa wanted him. Every newspaper in the state said he was the best in Iowa.
I understand his history, there seems to be more to thestory.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Did he knock up multiple women?

Had I known that this wasn't what this was about I wouldn't have wasted time opening it.

Hill got ran to death as a high school player. Drunk pat mitchell was lucky he didn't get hurt before the semi-final game

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
The only comparison I see between Brandon Wegher and Barkley Hill are that they have been a member of the University of Iowa football team. Their situation have literally nothing in common. You're a complete idiot.

You could have just stated the words in bold and all of us would have just nodded our heads yes.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks for an intelligent response, there are few on herethat can do that.
I have heard, second hand, that the ACL is not the issue. Thisgoes to the question of is he a recruiting miss. If so, how could so manypeople have been wrong? We wanted him,Iowa wanted him. Every newspaper in the state said he was the best in Iowa.
I understand his history, there seems to be more to thestory.
All we keep hearing on the weekly press conference is that there are "medical issues"-that's it,so we don't know any more than you guys.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron